Hotel Santa Prassede
Mood 44(Rome)
$215
$209
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $303/night.

$188
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $236/night.

$121
$106
  • Breakfast included
Rome Armony Suites(Rome)(Great Value!)
$111
$93
$90
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Bed and Breakfast Tre Civette Sul Como(Rome)(Great Value!)
$80
  • Breakfast included
Adele Emme B&B(Rome)(Great Value!)
$102
  • Breakfast included
My Guest Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
$128
$673
$569
Hotel Artemide(Rome)
$376
$313
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsno elevatorsanta maria maggiorepastriestermini stationsmall closetrooms cleaned every dayreplaced dailyquiet side streetstayed there for daysnice and clean hotelbudget hotelper person per nightminute walkwifi is freewalking distancehot waterrestaurants and shops
Reviewed July 6, 2011

First off, the hotel is on an uneven cobblestone alley way with funky gypsies begging you for money, meanwhile, you're dodging turds of feces on the ground to get to the front door. Next, the guest must find their own hotel room. So, nothing was explained about usage of phone, tv, AC, etc.. The electricity NEVER stayed on. Twice throughout the night my girlfriend and I experienced the outage which was confined to our own section of the hotel. When we told the man at the front desk, he seemed indifferent about the situaion, and, he even had the nerve to tell us, "Oh, somebody must've cut the power." Well, what did he do? Nothing except reset the fuse box, and parked his dirty behind back at the front desk. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a snob but certain basic things which we are paying for should be provided. Bathing in total darkness is not being snobbish! Oh, and finally, about the Wi-Fi, you're better off going to an internet cafe because it doesn't work. The only benefit is its close to Termini train station and two ristorantes down the alley way. Peace.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I have never been prompted to write a review before as I am usually not a complainer, but feel the responsibility to my fellow travelers to warn them.

First of all, the room was very hot and smelled of urine. The heat did not help the odor situation and there was no air conditioning (this was ok since they didn't advertise that they had A/C).

I was traveling with a friend and we had made the reservation for two and requested two beds. When we got there, there was one bed and they refused to do anything about it, stating that we should have let them know earlier. There was no possible way to do so, since when we checked in, they still hadn't cleaned the room so we had to store the luggage at the front desk and then went out for the day. To discover this when we returned at 11pm was a major disappointment.

The kicker though was that AFTER using the toilet, we discovered that it did not flush. When reporting this to the front desk, the employee said "well now I have a problem because there are no other rooms and nobody is here to fix it." Uh, no pal, it's not your problem, it's OUR problem since we now have a toilet full of bodily functions and no other place to go.

Same guy who refused to fix the bed situation, even though the bed in there was two double beds shoved together and he could have at least just given us a spare set of blankets/sheets so we could do it ourselves.

To add insult to injury, the free wi-fi in the hotel lobby only worked with one computer at a time, so that if you were online and someone else signed on, you were kicked off. Great...

I mean, what is a hotel room without functional beds and a toilet? They also refused to alter our bill. Like I said, I've never had a worse hotel experience in my life.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank lrbaggett
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I needed to find a place close by to Termini train station so I could catch my flight out the next morning. I only slept in the room for 4 hours and we had a lot of problems. The wi-fi did not work when I arrived back at 0130 in the morning. Thank god there was a computer in the lobby that worked so we could check in for our flight! The power also went out when we went to bed, so I could not sleep with the air conditioning on. When I woke up, I put the tv and air on and soon afterwards the power went out again! My boyfriend had to take a shower in the dark! So, I am not sure if there is a fuse problem or if the hotel workers just turned off the power. When I spoke to the man at the front desk, he walked over to the light/fuse box and turned all these switches on. Other than that, the room wasn't so bad. So, if you are an experienced budget traveler looking for a cheap place for 1 night and nothing else was available, than one night isn't going to do so much harm. But if you are looking to stay in Rome for more than one night, please find somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Positive: Nice staff, Free wifi, good location
Negative: The shower is little too small for most of the people with even average frame.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank psoni
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Great location next Santa Maria Maggiore, at the start of Via Merulana, reasonably near Termini train station.
Some discomforts are to be expected and budgeted in, considering price and Rome hotel market: room size, most basic furniture and fittings, lack of elevator, access through a dirty, busy alley fully in the country's average that may appear dangerous to people unfamiliar with the Italian version of Western civilization - or those who just like tidy surroundings and considerate neighbours.

Rooms must have been refurbished and are cleaner than in previous reviews, especially in the dependance across the alley where they appear downright nice if small.

Speaking of room size and window size, if you think room 316 is small and uncomfortable, as a previous reviewer does, check out room 306. If you book, explicitly rule out room 306.

The most annoying feature in my stay has been shabby service, including sending me and my luggage up three flight of stairs to the wrong room, then showing me an acceptable room for a guest who would arrive later, then forgetting to assign it and leaving him to settle in 306 - yes, the one that makes 316 look posh.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family