Hotel Santa Prassede
$332
$306
$271
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssanta maria maggiorepastriestermini stationsmall closetrooms cleaned every dayreplaced dailystayed there for daysnice and clean hotelquiet side streetbudget hotelminute walkper person per nightwifi is freehot waterrestaurants and shopshotel is locatedreturn to rome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2007

My husband and I needed a place to stay for one night in Rome on our way out of Italy. This place was recommended to us by the organizers of a conference my husband had just attended. I would say that the miniscule room was, basically, dirty. The "comforter" was a thin piece of material that had stains on it and holes in it. The sheets were gross, too. The bathroom was so small we could hardly move in it. We didn't need a big, luxurious room, as we were only there for all of 8 hours or so, but I do expect any hotel room to be at least clean.

The sketchiest part of our stay had to do with service -- we needed a cab to Fiumucino airport to pick us up from the hotel at 3:15 am. The hotel desk clerk said he would arrange for the cab, and that in the wee hours of the morning, there is a "special rate" for cabs. We should have known right off the bat something was up with that. Anyway, this "cab" arrived at 3:30, 15 minutes late, and it was apparent that this was not a real cab. No signage, no license, nothing. This was just some guy, probably a friend fo the desk clerk or something. At any rate, he spoke no English, and drove like a complete maniac through the streets of Rome. I thought for sure we were going to die in that cab. He broke 100 MPH (that's miles, not kilometers) on the highway to the airport. When we arrived (rather quickly, I might add), he demanded payment, and we asked for a receipt, he got real nasty, refused to produce a receipt, and said "I am finished" and held out his hand for payment.

In short, I would not recommend this hotel. We did not have a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank lpool9
Reviewed October 13, 2007

I was so disappointed in myself for booking this. Absolute crap. The rooms were terrible! Didn't even have comforters on the beds, just an itchy blanket. I've never seen such a small shower and why they left room for a bidet when the bathroom is so small is beyond me. Terrific location though, but it doesn't make up for anything. There are tons of better hotels out there, book one of them.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank lrs17
Reviewed September 11, 2007

This is a very basic hotel and would be considered cheap given high rome hotel prices. reception service is not friendly. breakfast is crap.
the room is so small that doors will not open fully. the shower space is small even for a petite asian lady. there is a stale smell in the room. the walls are thin and you can actually hear your neighbour's phone ring and vibrate.
the location may be very close to the train station but it is also in a dodgy area.
rome's main attractions are NOT within 5 mins walking distance. only the main church is just outside the hotel.
i would not recommend this place unless you have no alternatives.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank LoveGelati
Reviewed August 28, 2007

GREAT LOCATION!! Close to Termini, but not in the bad part of town at all. I will say this; our room was the smallest of our whole trip. Like, the bathroom was nice, and then the main part of the room was pretty much just the double bed... I am glad we were there for just a night.

I am giving it four stars because

It was very clean

Great location

Free tasty breakfast

VERY helpful staff

And charming exterior/interior

But it was like $100 a night for the dinkiest little room ever. That could have just been my fault booking it at the wrong place, and even still, it was one of the cheaper hotels I found that was in an acceptable location. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a perfectly acceptable place to lay their heads at night, but don’t expect to do much else in your room, unless it can be done on the bed of course ;)

Reviewed August 20, 2007

We stayed in this hotel for four nights - it's a nice little place which I can really recommend. Our room was small but clean - it faced out onto Via Merulana which is quite noisy, but not all rooms do. Breakfast was unremarkable but what is to be expected given the price we paid. And there is a bar just around the corner that serves great espresso. Staff were friendly and let us use their luggage room after we had checked out on our last day.
But the best thing about this hotel is its location. Two minutes away from Santa Maria Maggiore, a few more to the Termini station, yet still in a nice neighbourhood. Most of the city's sites are within easy walking distance - a great place to be based during your stay in Rome. Superb value for money, would definitely come here again!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple