Open today: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Birthday Night

We went to Vino Roma for my birthday while in Rome last week. Our sommelier was outstanding. He was... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
flightmedic18
Orlando, Florida
via mobile
Great wine education

This is a separate location set up specifically for wine tastings. They have several different... read more

Reviewed July 9, 2018
Zlch0c
Western Springs, Illinois
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Rome
from $67.90
from $46.00
from $67.90
from $97.80
More Info
All reviews italian wines wine tasting experienced wine tasting room wine world white cheese food pairings great introduction two hours fun experience food tour trip to rome highlight of our trip small group sommelier nando novice
Reviewed January 31, 2011

We enjoy our wine & love Italy , but other than the usual suspects, we knew very little about Italian wine. So a week before we departed we found and booked “Vino Roma”. Barely a couple of hours after we had landed we were sat doing a tutored tasting with Hande . In a very informative, relaxed and fun two hours, she guides you through the regions and styles of some exquisite Italian wines. Our knowledge was increased and for the rest of the holiday we poured over restaurants wine lists to find those wines and regions we’d enjoyed with Hande . This was a great way to start our gastronomic week in Rome in which we discovered more hidden gems. If you have the slightest interest in wine and whatever your knowledge of the subject you will surely benefit from this . It's easy to find and close to the centre, so you have no excuse to miss it.
Grazie Mille Hande

Date of experience: January 2011
Reviewed January 24, 2011

We spent a fantastic 2 hours at Vino Roma & I would recommend to anyone who is travelling to Rome to give it a try.

Before this tasting we were complete novices - the only thing we knew about wine was which ones we liked to drink! However, the tasting is perfect for beginners and more experienced wine buffs alike. Hande is so incredibly knowledgable and really knows her stuff - she guides you through how to taste wine, what to expect from different regions and we were able to ask any question and she knew the answer!

The tasting has certainly educated us and at dinner that night we even managed to use our new knowledge to order something delicious from the wine menu.

This was one of the highlights of our trip and we will definately now be looking to try more wine tastings and classess locally.

Date of experience: January 2011
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Here I am writing about Hade 4 months later.... It was a rainy afternoon in Rome but by the time we sat down and started sharing with her we were transported to a completely new world! Looking at wines as more than a way to get a buzz but as a way to enjoy food and sharing with friends. I just don't think of wine as I used and have come to embrace how powerful and envigorating a meal with friends can be when you take a wine that compliments or enhances the evening! If you want to learn how to aqcuire excellent wine with your spouse support and your budget intact I encourage you to give her a call. She is an expert in a class of her own! Enjoy Vino Roma and all the great food this city has to offer.

Date of experience: September 2010
Reviewed January 11, 2011

We were given a wine tasting lunch as a wedding gift from friends, we had spent a couple of days in Rome, and on the second day we were treated to a wine and cheeses lunch with Hande as our guide. It was just the perfect introduction to the following 2 weeks in Italy, where we tasted so many other Italian wines with our new understanding and insight into Italian wine. Hande's descriptions and explanations are an excellent balance of insider information and personal opinion, all explained in a very accessible and jargon-free way, it's perfect for both people who know nothing about wine and those who already have a good knowledge of wine (or at least what they like!) You'll leave with a thirst to try loads more!! We did - it was really good to do this at the start of our trip because it meant so much more enjoyment out of the remainder of our time in Italy. Thank you Hande, and thank you girls for our wedding gift!

Date of experience: December 2010
Reviewed January 10, 2011

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our Vino Roma experience in September. We echo all the glowing praises. However , Hande will go straight to heaven for the WONDERFUL restaurant recommendations. It was my boyfriend's 50th birthday and I wanted a special place for dinner. My head was spinning after all the internet, travel books, blogs,reserch I was doing for the perfect place. I emailed her in advance for her advice and it was spot on, she even made us the reservation!!

Date of experience: September 2010