Open today: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Birthday Night

We went to Vino Roma for my birthday while in Rome last week. Our sommelier was outstanding. He was... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
flightmedic18
Orlando, Florida
via mobile
Great wine education

This is a separate location set up specifically for wine tastings. They have several different... read more

Reviewed July 9, 2018
Zlch0c
Western Springs, Illinois
via mobile

All reviews italian wines wine tasting experienced wine tasting room wine world white cheese food pairings great introduction two hours fun experience food tour trip to rome highlight of our trip small group sommelier nando novice
Reviewed January 10, 2011

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our Vino Roma experience in September. We echo all the glowing praises. However , Hande will go straight to heaven for the WONDERFUL restaurant recommendations. It was my boyfriend's 50th birthday and I wanted a special place for dinner. My head was spinning after all the internet, travel books, blogs,reserch I was doing for the perfect place. I emailed her in advance for her advice and it was spot on, she even made us the reservation!!

Date of experience: September 2010
Reviewed January 9, 2011

In celebration of a dear friend's birthday, I arranged to take some friends here while we were visiting Rome and it was without a doubt the highlight of our trip. We were fortunate enough to experience the High Noon Luncheon and from beginning to end, it was a real treat. The wine, the food, the atmosphere, the chatter between guests from all over the world - all of it made for a delightful and memorable afternoon. Vino Roma should be on everyone's To Do list when visiting Rome. And the great thing is that you don't have to be a wine connoisseur or a foodie to enjoy it - even if you only drink the occasion glass of wine, you will still love this truly cultural event.

Date of experience: October 2010
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Vino Roma will not disapoint any wine enthusist. A great way to learn about wines and the Roman culture. My wife, daughter and I enjoyed a wonderful evening tasting and learning about the wines of Italy. Simply delightful. Hande is very intelligent and knowlegable about her craft, professional and you will enjoy every minute you spend there.
All I have to complain about is it went by all too fast. So I guess I have to go back.

Date of experience: December 2010
Reviewed January 5, 2011

It's as simple as that: as an avid wine drinker and lover, this is an absolute *MUST DO* when traveling to Rome. Our travel schedule was packed and we had to decide between this tasting event and another side-trip.

I can't tell you how glad I was that my wife had made the decision for me, I now understand the superlatives used in all the other reviews here. The only thing that strikes me odd is that it's not already rated among the top 3 attractions in Rome, a place it would most definitely deserve!

The event has been super informative and fun; we were mixed crowd (9) of wine enthusiasts, of which I'd consider myself at an intermediate level in comparison anyway. Hande, the sommelier, understood perfectly well to pass on her knowledge and discuss wine characteristics on every level without loosing any part of the audience.

Date of experience: December 2010
Reviewed December 10, 2010

I have been to Rome several times and I have only really become interested in wines in the last 5 years or so, and I still consider myself a wine "newbie". Handi was so easy to speak with and didn't make me feel like I knew nothing about wines.

I participated in the Italian Wine tasting on Thanksgiving evening with Vino Roma, there were just 4 of us at this wine tasting and it made for a really nice way to spend a few hours one evening.

We were welcomed very warmly and from the second we walked into the room and it felt as if we had known Handi all our lives.

We tasted 6 very different Italian wines, 3 whites and 3 reds. Handi walked us through the wine tasting process and really cultivated a better understanding (for me) in the variety of tastes and smells of the wines we were tasting.

I really think anyone, a wine novice, or wine expert, would enjoy spending time at a Vino Roma wine tasting, it was alot of fun and I really did leave that evening with more knowlege about wines!

I would highly recommend a wine tasting with Vino Roma. In, fact, I'd do it again whenever I get back to Rome!