“wow, really a different wine tasting!”
Review of Vino Roma

Vino Roma
Ranked #1 of 567 Nightlife in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A wine experience like no other! Wine is an important part of Italian culture. At VinoRoma wine tastings/seminars we give you the key to understanding Italian wines and your taste so you can continue exploring on your own, too. Not intimidating, stuffy or confusing - a lot of fun and very insightful! Nice side effect: you will learn a lot about food, too!Drink wine. Not too much. Mostly Italian.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“wow, really a different wine tasting!”
Reviewed August 6, 2008

Ok, we had read the reviews from the other tripadvisor members, but this is really very good.

We have done something like this in Paris a couple of years ago but liked this one a lot better. Hande, the sommelier, is really a very nice person and she has a way of "injecting" her immense knowledge and passion into your head without you even realizing you are learning something. You just sit in this beautiful, cool (sooo important in Rome in the summer, believe me!) room (almost worth the money only to see it!), and drink great wines you didn't even know existed. Or you thought you didn't like them! In our group were 3 "I drink only red" persons (another plus: it seems like only very nice people go to Hande!) and in the end all were like "where can I buy this white wine, I love it!"

People, if you drink wine you have to visit this wine tasting. Now we can go into our wine shop and actually say some intelligible sentences about the kind of wine we would like to have. And: This is nothing like the California wine rooms, a totally new experience!

3 Thank leilui

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lausanne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun Wine Tasting!!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2008

I didn't know that wine tasting could be that entertaining and laidback.
First of all, Hande (our sommelier) welcomes us in her beautiful apartment. This rather unformal place for wine tasting set the tone: this will be a relaxed experience. Hande knows definitely how to put her guests in a comfort zone: You don't know anything about wine tasting? Well, this is not a problem, Hande will give you all the tips, the methodology, and the vocabulary to handle wine tasting.
And most importantly, she will take her time. She will take you for a quaint walk through the flavors and perfumes of the italian wineyards and countryside, sitting under an almond tree in Sicily, picking up wildberry in Venetia, feeling the warm sun of Toscany on your face only softened by a smooth breeze, walking through the chestnut cobbled woods of Sardinia.

A real journey! Thank you Hande!

4 Thank djdanirichmond
Chicago
“When in Rome”
Reviewed June 14, 2008

During my visit to Rome in May. I attended a wine tasting conducted by vinoroma. The sommelier (Hande) invited my wife and a group of our friends to sample varies wines produced through-out Italy. My wife, who is not a wine drinker really enjoyed herself and gained a better understanding about wine and the important factors in it's production. We tasted seven different wines provided to us directly from Italian wine producers. I enjoyed all of them. We even had the option to purchase a bottle to take to our hotel. I really recommend this opportunity to those who enjoy wine and those wine-lovers... when in Rome.

rome
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect gift idea during a visit to the Eternal city”
Reviewed June 13, 2008

My idea to do a wine tasting class at Vino Roma came from a quest for the perfect birthday gift.

Hande Leimer (a sommelier) welcomes her guests into her home for a 2 hr presentation and wine tasting of a beautiful selection of Italian wines. She is very flexible and can adapt the class to the tastes, interests and knowledge of her audience. For beginners, she provides basic wine tasting technics and terminology. Then follows the tasting of some classic Italian wines and some hidden gems.

Vino Roma offers the opportunity to spend a lovely evening and provides you with the tools to properly articulate your likes and preferences for your next visit to an enoteca.

I highly recommend Vino Roma's wine tasting class.

3 Thank stephiRome
Munich, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good balance of fun and learning”
Reviewed June 13, 2008

I just saw this place is listed, so I am copying my post on the forums here:
I had a wonderful wine tasting in Rome, right in the center at vino roma. The tasting takes place in a lovely wine loft in a historic palazzo and is located between the spanish steps and the vaticano. We had the standard tasting which takes 2 hours. We tasted 7 different wines of several regions of italy and learned a lot about these wines and their origin. There were people of other nationalities as well and we had a lot of fun together.

1 Thank tkraft