“Awesome food tour.”

Vino Roma
Ranked #4 of 62 Classes & Workshops in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A wine experience like no other! Wine is an important part of Italian culture. At VinoRoma wine tastings/seminars we give you the key to understanding Italian wines and your taste so you can continue exploring on your own, too. Not intimidating, stuffy or confusing - a lot of fun and very insightful! Nice side effect: you will learn a lot about food, too!Drink wine. Not too much. Mostly Italian.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome food tour.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We did the 'My Rome Food Tour' on the first morning of our stay in Rome and what a way to start a fantastic holiday. Irene, our guide took us to us several coffee bars, bakeries and specialty shops. As we were on a self catering holiday this was excellent. The food and coffee's we tried were so good, we revisited these places throughout the week. We also sampled some fantastic wines, with our guide explaining the origin of each. Thoroughly enjoyable and highly recommended.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
“cin cin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We recently attended the wine and cheese lunch at Vino Roma. We loved the space, the wines and the local bread, meats and cheeses. Hande was informative and entertaining and shared her knowledge of all things wine with great passion. This is a perfect respite from the typical tourist dash -- you'll learn a thing or two, have fun, eat and sample some awesome wines. Would recommend visiting early in your trip to Rome so you can put into practice all the things you will learn.

Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best wine experience in Rome, or anywhere, actually”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a heaven sent. I went with my husband after hearing about it during our food tour (which we did with bigger family group) and left thinking we have to shout this out to the whole world! This is not a tasting like at a winery where you taste wines and are expected to buy. Neither is it one of the stuffy "we know it all" tastings we have had our fair share of over the years. The sommelier helps you to understand wine truly, gives you the tools to understand your taste and go on with your journey. Never had anything like this before. Although she warned us at the beginning that we might not like each and every wine (because it is about learning and we all have different tastes), we honestly thought we had great, and mostly unheard of, wines. Not your regular "I'll blend you with these Barolos" spiel. She has invented the perfect system for what she is doing and if you love wine, you have to do this!
Note: we attended the My Italians tasting. planning on Wine and Cheese Lunch soon.

Missoula
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I attended the wine and cheese lunch and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our sommelier was so informative, sharing great information about wine in general, the wines we tasted, and food pairings. I enjoyed the wines she chose as they were different than the "typical" Italian wines and overall quite enjoyable. Extensive cheeses, meat and bread choices which were fun to pair with the wines. My husband, a self-proclaimed beer lover, very much enjoyed the tasting and has a new appreciation for and understanding of wine. If you like wine even a little, don't miss Vino Roma!

Rome, Italy
“fun and informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Vino Roma was excellent! Growing up in an Italian American household I’ve had some experience with Italian wine, but Vino Roma is where I really learned to analyze and appreciate it. The sommelier was informative and friendly, catering well to the different levels of knowledge of the guests. Leaving there, I was amazed at how much I gained in just two hours. The color, smell, taste, tannins, and regional identity of the wines were just a few of the topics we covered and I left eager and interested in learning more. My trip to Vino Roma was the highlight of my time in Rome. If you like Italian wines, you will love a tasting at Vino Roma!

Visited June 2013

Been to Vino Roma? Share your experiences!