“Fantastic Experience”

Vino Roma
Ranked #1 of 567 Nightlife in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A wine experience like no other! Wine is an important part of Italian culture. At VinoRoma wine tastings/seminars we give you the key to understanding Italian wines and your taste so you can continue exploring on your own, too. Not intimidating, stuffy or confusing - a lot of fun and very insightful! Nice side effect: you will learn a lot about food, too!Drink wine. Not too much. Mostly Italian.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I highly recommend Vino Roma. My travel companion and I participated in the "My Italians" tasting and were extremely impressed with the entire experience. Hande is knowledgeable, engaging, and encourages group participation (no matter how novice the question may be).

If anything, attend one of the classes/tastings simply to soak in the beautiful space.

Visited January 2012

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
3 attraction reviews
“5 Star Wine Tasting”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have attended more than one wine tasting at Vino Roma, hosted by owner, Hande. I continue to be impressed by her wine knowledge and teaching ability; she breaks down the A, B, C's of wine tasting in a relaxed atmosphere and answers every question posed to her. Her passion is contagious. I am studying to become a sommelier and was looking to discover producers and wines that I have not yet tasted. We tasted 6 wines all of which were new to me so my goal was reached! I look forward to attending more tastings at Vino Roma.

Den Haag
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Charming way to learn”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

What a nice, charming way of learning it was! Hande is a very charming, professional woman who mixes knowledge with relaxation. She is not patronizing, let everyone in its value but never loses the thread of her story. And she challenges you to think more about why you have a particular preference for one wine. I wanted to do 3 workshops but eventually I ended up in the tasting "sparkling saturdays' with 5 sparkling angels from the USA. As champagne lover, I was surprised by what Italy has to offer. More important is that through this tasting I come a step further'm in my learning process. Thanks Hande for this fun and useful experience! (And thanks angels for being wunderfull "fellow students")

2 Thank Yob V
Rome, Italy
“my first real wine tasting”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I am studying abroad and a good friend of mine had an internship this quarter at Vino Roma. She and her lovely boss, Hande, hosted a wine night for the girls in our program that were interested and I was lucky enough to attend! I had been wine tasting once in San Luis Obispo before but it was nothing like this. I learned SO MUCH. Hande was absolutely wonderful and answered all of our questions about wine, tasting, and the culture of wine. Not to mention the wine, which was all stellar. I highly recommend this class to everyone interested in wine, and not just beginners. Hande has a wealth of information and caters to any wine knowledge level. Book at Vino Roma and you will not regret it!

Bluffton, South Carolina
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Third Times a Charm!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently attended my third VinoRoma wine tasting and as much as I loved the first two, this third one was my favorite! Maybe it was because it was the wine tasting lunch so there was salumi and cheese involved!

The greatest thing (in my opinion) about VinoRoma is that no matter how much or how little you know about wines you will come out of the experience learning something new and it is always fun. VinoRoma is so approachable in her wine education techniques, she will draw out things you don't even realize at first. I've taken the knowledge I've acquired from VinoRoma and really started to use it at home when I'm either out to dinner ordering wines, or shopping in my local wine shop.

This particular wine tasting with lunch was especially interesting because it really showed how pairing certain wines with certain foods can "make or break" the taste of both the wine and the food. A VinoRoma expreience has really opened my eyes to the big-wide-world of wines and I have to give a huge Thank You to Hande for that!

If you are hesitant about booking a tasting because you are a wine beginner, just do it. I had been drinking wines for about 3 years when I did my first VinoRoma tasting in 2010 and now I can say with some pride that I have a nice little base of wine knowledge thanks to VinoRoma!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank LowCountryIslander

Been to Vino Roma? Share your experiences!