“AWFUL! It could not have been worse! NEVER AGAIN!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of IL TEMPIO DI ISIDE

IL TEMPIO DI ISIDE
Ranked #1,071 of 12,165 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Monti
Washington, DC
“AWFUL! It could not have been worse! NEVER AGAIN!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

As an official Tout Guide in Rome, I've been to quite a lot of restaurants. Never, in so many years, have I found such careless service. The word "careless" is indeed appropriate. It was my mother-in-law's birthday, and to celebrate we invited a few friends. In total, there were 7 of us. It was my idea to have dinner at this place... an unfortunate one indeed!
After being seated, we waited for about 20 minutes before anyone showed up to ask if we had already ordered. The man seemed to be one of the owners, and started asking us if we wanted some raw fish, which we did not. So he offered to bring some different fish appetizers, and we accepted. After waiting another 20 minutes, they started bringing small plates of various appetizers. I have to say, there was nothing special about the dishes... I've eaten much better in other, more humble places in Rome!
After completing a series of 7 (!!) different appetizers, of which only a few were decent, we waited 45 minutes, with dirty plates still on our table! After so much time, the waitress came and asked if we needed anything else. At which point we simply decided to order a desert and coffee.... and the bill.
Of course, it took them another 25 minutes get the deserts and coffee.... Whereas the bill, oh that took them a minute only!
310 Euro!!! For appetizers, a bottle of wine (€45) and desert.
We were never given a menu, even if asked. We were never offered a chance to order dinner....
I will NEVER come back to this restaurant. I will NEVER recommend this awful restaurant to my friends, tourists, or clients.
I felt awful... Because it was a birthday, and upon our entering and being seated, I has said that it was a special occasion.
NEVER AGAIN!

Visited January 2014
5 Thank Sev B

“good, but....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I was there with no special plan. they cook only fish...so if you don't like fish go to another place ;)
At the end I have to say that the meal was good, with generous portion..but...be careful when you order your wine!!! some of the waitresses are indians and they don't know what wine it is :)!!
I ordered a vermentino and they brought me a moscato....no way!!!!!!
At the end I suggest this place but with some 'attention points'!

Denver, Colorado, United States
“If you love fish, this places for you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

This is the freshest seafood I have ever had. It is very classy, and all dishes were beautifully presented. Simple food done perfectly to showcase the amazing seafood. If you want upscale seafood with a local but modern flare, this is the place.

Visited November 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“Creative fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Details make the difference: excellent cooking, perfect service, home made bread etc. Price/quality ratio also good.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Excellent restaurant !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I visited this restaurant on the recommendation of my b&b . This is a first class establishment filled with locals enjoying delicious fresh fish and seafood . I enjoyed an excellent tuna tartare and fabulous spaghetti Vongole with the freshest clams I've eaten in a long.I was offered a complimentary glass of bubbly on arrival and biscotti with dessert wine at the end of my meal
Service was brisk and friendly ? This is one of the best meals I have ever had in Rome!, highly recommended

• Visited July 2013