“Expensive fast food for tourists”
Review of Il Gabriello

Il Gabriello
Reserve with
Il Gabriello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 12,362 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Warsaw
“Expensive fast food for tourists”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

After reading excellent reviews of this Restaurant our visit was a bit disappointing. Athough a nice interior and decor we can't resist a feeling that this place is just expensive fast food for travellers. The service is extremely fast I would say too fast. You feel like they want you to come choose fast, eat fast, leave your money and go.
The food is just average not excellent. I ordered fresh oysters for a starter (3€ per one), I got them really small (size 3 or 4) and very salty. For second I had shrimps Il Gabriello, very average dish, probably pre cooked. Vine was good.
The owner/manager moves around and is opened for guests feedback. Due to my complain over oysters he decided to charge me 50% for this starter. Still I would prefer excellent food and quality on a rare occasion of dining in Rome than a 9€ discount on 100 € bill.

I do not recommend this place, there are better and more reasonably priced restaurants nearby.

Visited June 2012

• Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“Great Place”
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

My family and I had a excellent last dinner in Rome. Il Gabriello's staff where very determined and committed to providing memorable dining experience. The food was great.(although my pasta course was the wrong dish) The atmosphere was nice. I recommend the strawberry and cream creps.

Fort Lauderdale
“Very Good”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Food was great, service was good. One of my favorite spots in my 3 week European vacation. Nice atmosphere.

• Visited June 2012
England, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Authentic, family run restaurant located down a side street not far from the Spanish Steps. We (husband and I) arrived at the restaurant without a reservation at 9ish on a Monday evening. The restaurant was packed but they managed to squeeze us in after a few minutes wait. This small restaurant is located downstairs in a cellar/basement. Very intimate and cosy. The staff were friendly even though they were very busy.
The menu was fairly extensive and the food was nicely presented and tasted delicious. My husband had fish and I had steak and both were superb. The bill was reasonable considering everyone tells you Rome is so expensive.

• Visited March 2012
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sheer chance”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Had not read anything about this restaurant, but liked the look of it and went in but it was closed. Returned later for a treat. Friendly and attentive staff, beautiful fish, nice atmosphere and reasonable price. Really great!

• Visited June 2012