“lovely for true romantics”

The Library Romantic
Ranked #3,790 of 12,367 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: The Library Romantic: its intimate candlelit setting is an ideal location for a romantic evening with your significant other, or dinner with close friends. Ideal for marriage proposals,anniversaries, celebration. Here you will find all the Roman hospitality, together with a homely feeling, a wonderful cosy setting and great food.
Surrey
“lovely for true romantics”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My partner booked this before we went to Rome (must pre book) it was just perfect, Dana was warm, informative and helpful, this restaurant only has 6 tables and can only seat 12 people, if your a romantic it's a must you won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank John27k

Nelson, Canada
“A highlight in our trip”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This small place is tucked in a narrow street near Piazza Navona. If you're looking for that perfect hole in the wall, this is it. The place is very tastefully done and elegant. The perfect place for a romantic meal. The prices are high, but if you are looking for a memorable splurge, you've found it. The owner, Dana has gone out of her way to create the look and feel of this place. We were treated to a before dinner drink which was followed by some of the best food I've tasted in Italy. I was even given a cigar after dinner. I've been to Italy 7 times and eaten at many restaurants. This was the best place so far. A hard one to beat. The truffle risotto is a must have, simply the best dish I've had.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank JazzatarianTraveller
“SWEET AND SOUR”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

PRO'S: Amazing place (the inside is a true, romantic, unique beauty), with professional, cheerful and friendly staff.
CON'S: The food was average. But if you take into account its price, then let me say it's not even worth one third of what it cost. That was pretty upsetting to me and my wife.
The second con is that the service was very, very slow.
I hope it helps, good luck!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ferri23
London, United Kingdom
“Simply Amazing... and then some!!!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We found this delightful restaurant on this very site. Idyllic theme, set away from the bustling streets just a stones throw from the River Tiber. We had an early booking so we had the whole place to ourselves and this added to the atmosphere. Quiet, unobtrusive service and a wine list to die for. My girlfriend and I were treated to the two fish dishes they had on for evening service and we were not disappointed, as for the baked potato, it was unlike anything we had ever tasted, and it too was scrumptious, we were treated to an experience from a chef who has a real passion for his food.

After our meal we sat drinking Prosecco and chatting to the staff as if we had known them for years, providing us with information about the city and the 'what-to-do' and 'where-to-go. We left there satisfied, and with a complimentary bottle of Prosecco from the Owner, which after the meal we had just had made us feel like royalty. We will come back to Rome one day, and this beautiful, traditional restaurant will be top of our list.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Martin C
Son, Norway
“Overprized and uninteresting”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We went to this restaurant after seeing it´s high score here on trip advisor. It was sadly disappointing. The restaurant was very secretive and dark (the waiter used a flashlight to find the wines) which could´ve been romantic but just came across as dark. The menu was probably supposed to be charmingly handwritten, but it just seem a bit childish. And I guess the wines were excellent, but I think they started at 45 Eur for a bottle. There are lots of nice romantic restaurants in Rome, so don´t wast your time and money here.

• Visited November 2013