“Great food, wonderfull staff, romantic atmosphere”

The Library Romantic
Ranked #3,790 of 12,367 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: The Library Romantic: its intimate candlelit setting is an ideal location for a romantic evening with your significant other, or dinner with close friends. Ideal for marriage proposals,anniversaries, celebration. Here you will find all the Roman hospitality, together with a homely feeling, a wonderful cosy setting and great food.
Oslo, Norway
“Great food, wonderfull staff, romantic atmosphere”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stumbled upon this little gem as our first choice for the night happened to be closed, and what a lucky accident! We had wonderfull food, and the staff obviously loved their restaurant and did everything to makes us love it too. The interior looks like something from a dracula-movie: dim light with burning candles, red velvet, fresh romantic flowers and even a winding black iron staircase. A huge contrast to the lively Roman summer streets, but no less interesting!

• Visited May 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Disappointed! Dine at your own risk”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Let me begin by saying I am Italian-American and have been to Rome many times and so I'd like to think I have some authority to write the following review. My wife and I visited this pretentious little restaurant on April 29, 2013. We were incredibly disappointed. I will admit the candles were nice and the waiter was attentive, but we were the only ones in the restaurant so take that into account. When I asked for "Vino della Casa," I was told they didn't have any and that I must order from their wine list. That was the first clue that something was amiss because every good Roman restaurant has a house wine. Next, the food was terrible! The artichokes tasted like they were from a can, the gnocchi was chewy, and the fish had no taste whatsoever. It is very difficult to have bad food in Rome, but not at this place. Perhaps the regular chef was out sick, but I doubt it. I hardly ever write restaurant reviews, but I feel I have to share my experience. Hopefully the owners will read this and take some corrective measures.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Jdgcinema
danaRoma, Proprietario at The Library Romantic, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
dear client, first of all let me thank you for taking the time on writing on tripadvisor to let me know your feelings.
I will just point out, for the benefit of the readers, you come at 6,30 pm to dine ,that maybe the reason the restaurant was empty.
I am very sorry you did not enjoy the food, although you eat all of it and clean the plates with bread, as the staff reported me on my arrival, we do have a policy that if our customers do not eat we do not charge them.
Our chef Marco Silvestri, is a very attentive and professional person, and if any plate comes back in the kitchen not completely eaten always ask if there was something wrong and is ready to prepare immediately something else within few minutes. This was not your case, so you can imagine his surprise and disappoint when having eat all your food on presentation of the bill you told the waiter the food was terrible.
I would also like to mention, but i am sure you know been italian- american, that the 'vino della casa' was once a term to indicate a wine produced by the restaurant itself (long time ago in rome all restaurant had vineyard and little farms just outside Rome) and with a low cost of production a fine quality wine could have been priced much less.
At present many restaurants use this term to indicate a low cost and low quality wine that could be sold as house wine, we do not use cheep wine as they burn your stomach and make you feel bad later, we use all good quality wine so we cannot sell the wine at 3 or 4 euro per glass as you asked.
Our wine assistant Raul, that helps client to choose the wine best for their meal, informed me that he advised you that all the wine we sell on the wine list at 45 euro could be sold by the glass at 8 euro but you insisted that was too much. Taking into account your predicament, I will tell you that when i arrived at the restaurant the staff informed me that the couple who just had left was very unhappy on leaving the place, the staff was confused and hurt too because they could not understand what went wrong as you did eat all and enjoyed the place, until the bill arrived and then you told the waiter the food was terrible, but you did eat all of it.
so my question is: If you did not like the food you could have choose something else , why you did eat something you did not like?
nevertheless, we have a lot of interest in knowing the experience of our customers as we try everyday our best, working very hard to make them happy. regards dana
UK
“Wonderful and romantic”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Had a wondeful evening at the library for our first wedding anniversary. Best service we've had in Rome. Attentive staff. Beautiful decor and gorgeous ambience. Food great. It all comes at a price though... Expensive but worth it for a treat.

Oslo, Norway
“Our favourite restaurant”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is our second visit in this restaurant. The atmosphere is romantic and intimate, as there are just a few tables inside. Most lights are candle lights. The food was great, even though it was better the last time, the wines were fantstic. I would most definately go back next time in Rome, preferably just with my partner.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Ncbj
Barcelona, Spain
“Absolutely perfect dinner!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is really a fantastic restaurant, the food is marvelous, great wines and the service is perfect. There is nothing that we would change, it is definitely perfect! We liked so much that from four nights in Rome we went twice to the Library and for sure we will come back!

• Visited April 2013