“Beware of bait & switch tactics with this tour company”
Review of Tour in Rome

Tour in Rome
Book In Advance
$42.03*
Skip the Line: Colosseum Official Guided Tour - Entrance Fee Included
$58.84*
and up
Skip the Line: Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum Official Guided Tour...
$86.46*
Skip the Line: Early Morning Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel
Ranked #271 of 811 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour in Rome is happy to offer our clients, high quality tours, Rome private Tours, Rome group Tours, Rome in one day Tours , Rome in two days Tours, Highlights Tour of Rome, customized Rome city tours , Rome bike tours, hat we have planned to ensure the very best service. We always offer a special touch to our guided walking or driving tour, inspiring our clients to take a natural and passionate interest in archaeology, art, religion, wine and food. The needs of our clients are our priority and we work to guarantee quality services. Tour in Rome – Rome driving, Rome walking tours escorted by fluent English-speaking official tour guides also available other languages tours – Tourism, Travel Special Tours in Rome for first time visitors, for school groups, for incentives and VIP service.Tour of Rome in one Day,Tour of Rome in two days and Rome cruice connection, private tour from Civitavecchia to Rome. All tours can be organized using private taxi, or car/minivan, limousine, buses with private driver, golf cars, segway, bicycles, etc, Rome tours can also be conducted on foot. Rome walking Tours. Skip the line with our tours in Rome – We provide the reservation and the tickets to visit the most important museums and archaeological areas of Rome. Service of reservation entrance tickets. Tour in Rome and the Vatican City – No line, special entrances.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 3, 2011

My husband and I took this tour last month during our first trip to Italy. I made my reservations for the Ancient Rome tour with TourinRome via e-mail with Stefano back in April, 2011. Via e-mail, he confirmed our reservation for our desired date for 20 euros per person. As well, he e-mailed instructions as to when and where to meet our guide for the tour. Being unfamiliar with Rome, I had no idea that the meeting point instructions that he sent to me were for the Vatican tour--not the Ancient Rome tour that I had reserved. I called Stefano the morning of our tour and explained to him that I did not have the correct meeting point instructions for our tour. He was very nice--apologized for the mix-up. He told us to go to the entrance of the Colosseum at about 10am or 10:15am and to ask around for either Taty or Stefan--that people there knew them. When I asked him specifically if I should be there at 10am or 10:15am, he responded, "It doesn't matter." So, my husband and I headed off to the Colosseum, and started asking around for "Taty or Stefan." We found Taty, who proceeded to tell us that our tour would be 25 euros each. I explained to Taty that I had booked the reservation with Stefano back in April at 20 euros each--even tried to show her my hard-copy of the e-mail with the quoted price. She did not even look at the e-mail--just kept telling me that the prices had increased since April and that the new fee would be 25 euros each. I thought that was the whole idea behind reservations.....pre-booking a service at a certain rate for a certain date? When I asked if she worked for Stefano (i.e. was one of his employees), she said, "Yes." OK, so you would think that she would honor a reservation agreement made by her boss, right? And I even had it in writing. Wrong! She told me that she would "call" Stefano on her cell phone to find out what to do. She put her cell phone up to her ear--waited a moment and then said that he had turned his phone off. I am still very skeptical as to if she even really tried to call him. She then said that she would lower the fee to 22 euros per person--that that was the best that she could do. My husband and I were very tempted to just walk away, but we did not. We had very limited time in Rome and wanted to see the Colosseum & Roman Forum that day--and did not want to "start over" trying to find a tour guide. So, we coughed up the 22 euros each. I know that's only 4 euros more than what we were quoted in the first place, but it was the principle of the issue. The only good part of our tour were our guides-Max and David. They were both very courteous and knowledgeable--made our visit to "Ancient Rome" an enjoyable one. But unfortunately, I have to give the tour company inself a less than desirable rating.

1  Thank aemolina

Reviewed February 1, 2011

We were sold this tour on the street as a way to "beat the long queues" at the Vatican. Actually though, all they do is walk you through the Vatican Museum which then connects to the rest of the Vatican / St Peters. You can beat the queue yourselves by just going through the Vatican museum (which is well worth seeing anyway). The actual tour we felt was very over priced and they just rush you through the key sights like the Sistine Chapel etc. A good guidebook will tell you everything you need to see and give you as much information on the key sights as the guides (who in our case had just memorised a few lines from a guidebook anyway). Hope this helps, Andrew.

2  Thank Eastsmith
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I have recently returned from my first trip to Italy (Florence, Lucca, Rome and Pisa) and can't wait to go back!

My favorite part (besides spending time with my niece) was Rome! I was soooo looking forward to seeing the Colosseum... and Stefano did a fabulous job in getting me to understand the awesomeness of what the Colosseum was back in those days. He was great! (Also, the Roman Guard that assisted him too was sweet... gave me a kiss on the cheek!)

Stefano mentioned that David was conducting a tour of the Forum shortly after our tour of the Colosseum... so my niece and I joined him for that! It was great... he was soooo full of knowledge about the area and events that happened way back when! He was also kind enough to show me on a map some other sights that I was interested in seeing.

At the end of that tour, David mentioned that Alex would be doing a tour of the Sistine Chapel the following morning... and I will say, I was stunned by the beauty and mystery of the Sistine Chapel! (something I wasn't expecting) Part of the reason for my unexpected amazement with the Sistine Chapel is because of Alex... He was wonderful! I loved listening to his stories and explanations of the Michael Angelo's work! If I could have picked him up and put him in my pocket and taken him home I would have!

We were so fortunate to have hooked up with Tour In Rome... our visit to that magnificant city wouldn't have been as memoriable if we had ventured out on our own!

Thank you again to Stefano, David and Alex for making our time in Rome so much fun!

Amanda

2  Thank ImCrabE
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Saturday the 16th, we went on your tour of the colosseum with Stefano. We thought he was an excellent guide and managed the group extremely well. He was very informative and very entertaining. He then recommended that we join Alex for the Palatine Hill / Forum tour in the afternoon (for free!). We did this and again were very well entertained and informed. As a bonus he invited us to join the evening tour of out of the way places. It was probably the best part of the time in Rome as it was so unexpected.

I would recommend your team to anyone (and will) based on the quality, competence and value of the services offered. I agree it would be much better if teams like yours were easier to find as we literally had to stumble into the group.

Reviewed October 3, 2010

With so many websites and "official tour groups of the Vatican," it was tough to decide who to use, but we took the advice of some people on Tripadvisor and contacted www.tourinrome.com via email to ask more questions and get a better understanding of what to expect. Stefano immediately replied and guided us to the right type of tour for my wife and I. We opted for a private tour which after watching the herds of random tours and seeing what a mess it could have been, we were very happy with our experience.

Our guide, Mitra, met us on time and ready to go. She was extremely well prepared and read us well enough to give us the exact type of tour we were looking for without bogging down on trivial or boring items. She never rushed us and gave us plenty of time to see what we wanted to see. She gave us more than just a tour, but also a fascinating history lesson, art history perspectives and she was swiftly able to navigate us through the vast rooms to the highlights and what we wanted to see as well as what she knew we might want to see.

This was the perfect way to see what we wanted to see at the Vatican without lines or waiting on stragglers at every sight wasting everyone's time. There were no nuisance questions from less informed tourists that bogged down the whole group. With so much to see, it made sense for us to go with someone that was able to work with us and made us feel right at home going at our own pace and making each sight a highlight of our trip. We learned so much and are thankful we chose a private tour.

We highly recommend www.tourinrome.com and Mitra if you can get her.

2  Thank tommyd55_dallas