Ways to Experience Italy With Us
from $464.80
from $58.10
from $63.90
1,541 results
All reviews sistine chapel vatican tour upper ring semi private tour great tour ancient rome small group his knowledge general public tour group hour tour highly recommend this company three hours ask questions art history st peters skip the line
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We booked our tickets for the Vatican tour at Touristation on Piazza Navona - stunning service! Really worth the money and effort!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The tour group was very small and we were, for a bit, the only tourists in the entire colluseum. If you do not like crowds this is the tour for you. Wonderful. Worth the expense. You meet at a lovely pizza restaurant where you you can grab a drink or quick bite. Then a short walking tour before you enter the colluseum. The first guide a native English speaker was well informed. We switched to an official guide inside the Colluseum. A young Italian who was very passionate about the history of the place. A great experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked the semi private tour of the Vatican. It was worth the money to skip the long lines alone. However, the real value was in the knowledge provided by our excellent guide Jeanette. She has a Master's in Art History and it showed. Without the information, it would have just been a bunch of pretty artwork without the context.

Reviewed October 11, 2018

This is about italywithus. We took their 8am Vatican & Sistine tour, semi-private, which requires meeting at their office near Vatican at 7:15am. We had 8 of us on the tour in total, nice size group. It was tough to be there early, but we made it. Glad we went for the early morning tour. The guide was competent but no more. Sometimes headsets hard to hear, so I found it better to stay near her and turn off headset.

Tips - they don't have a restroom at their office, so take care of that on the way. There is still a line to get in for groups when your group arrives there around 7:40ish...and we were inside by a bit after 8. The line is still extensive even before the "official" opening time...I say it as an FYI for you, but it's not too off-putting if you're aware.

OK we got inside and did not head straight to Sistine, we went through the museum. We reached Sistine by 9:10am I think. It was not overly crowded. A priest was just finishing some sort of service (daily welcoming to the chapel?). There were still a couple hundred people in the chapel. My tip is this...the tour will not get you alone in the chapel, or alone with your group, or alone with even 100 people. But you will be fine, there is plenty of space to stand and admire it, you can even get a spot to sit on the benches around the edges by waiting maybe 2 minutes for someone to get up. Please go in with that expectation, not some sort of private paradise...but by paying for the early AM tour, you do get a much less hectic experience when you can truly see & enjoy the Sistine Chapel. The horror stories about overcrowding, heat, and announcements didn't really come into play, and that's what you're paying for. Note: our tour was about 85 EUR each person, it was not the super-expensive tours they call "VIP" which are closer to 300EUR each person. I can't see paying for a super-expensive tour, because it may slightly reduce the visitors in the chapel...I think you'd be one of 50-70 people in there, maybe? But it's fine to pay 85 EUR and be one of 200.

Our tour also included direct access into Basilica (without going outside) by existing Sistine via the right-hand door.

So yes, I recommend italywithus as a way to get exposure to Vatican, Sistine, Pieta, and not be too bothered by crowding.

Reviewed October 11, 2018

Rahman asked to be mentioned, so here you are! We bought tickets two days in advance and when we turned up the company had had "a misunderstanding" (with their own guide?) and we had to go with another (very large) group at the last minute. The selling point is SKIP THE LINE and this is false advertising because we queued and queued and queued some more! The cost of entry is 17 euros. We paid ITALYWITHUS 56 euros each and while we queued we saw the short line of 17 euro tourists go in while we stood still. It must be said that to go in unacompanied would require research and confidence because it is jam-packed throughout the attraction but ITALYWITHUS did not inspire any confidence and did not represent value for money in my opinion. There are plenty of tour operators near to the Vatican and I recommend you walk into one and not follow a street seller who will guide you down back-streets and then have "mis-understandings" with his own guide/s.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

We felt very well looked after. Margarita enjoys her job and takes pride in her task to explain the Vatican and Sistine Chapel even though she is there every day with a different group of ignorant random tourists! She made us laugh, knew the answer to every question and wanted us to get the most from the once in lifetime trip. 10 in the group worked well, with an ear piece so we could easily hear. It's why we went to Rome and it worked. It's not exactly skipping the line as there is still a stack of other groups of course. Chapel was not too full when we got there so easy to move around. PS note there is a dress code which we had not known. Covered shoulders I expected, covered knees I did not. Do not wear shorts or a short skirt.

Reviewed September 28, 2018

This early morning tour, for which I paid a significant amount, was not at all as promised. We met our group (8 people total) at 7:15 am as requested, and got on a long line at about 7:50 am, where we waited another half hour to get into the Vatican. There were already hundreds (thousands?) of people in front of us. The guide did provide some interesting details and history but we were in the midst of a crowd throughout so it was often hard to hear what she was saying. We had very little time in areas of interest, such as the Hall of Maps. The guide left us at the Sistine Chapel, which was packed with visitors, after explaining quickly and unclearly that we could easily see both the Vatican Painting galleries and St. Peter's once we left the Chapel. The galleries were not crowded, but when we turned to go back the way we came to go to the church, as she instructed, we were caught in a huge, unmoving crowd that had to funnel through narrow hallways and stairways. Her instructions on how to get from one area to another were not only unclear, but they were obviously incorrect. Suffice it to say when we finally got to the exit, after about an hour of being stuck in the crowd with no way to get out, we immediately left without seeing the church. I would never again take a tour with this company.

2  Thank cmooneyNewYork
Reviewed September 28, 2018

I can’t believe I let myself be duped into doing a tour with “Rome with US”. I had purchased tickets directly with the Vatican for access to the Vatican and Sistine chapel including the audio headset – this ticket would have allowed us to skip the line. “Rome with Us” offered to upgrade our ticket to a personal tour with fast track short cut access to St. Peters. Because I was visiting with my mum who is in her 70s we liked the idea of the fast track access to St. Peters. It was only when we signed up for the tour that we started to realise that all the talk of skipping queues was nonsense – we hung around the entrance to the Vatican for a good 40 minutes; likewise when we got inside we hung around waiting on the tour guide to get organised – all in all it took 1.5 hours for the tour to kick off and even then we couldn’t understand the guide – his English was very poor. On a number of occasions people approached the guide to complain or ask questions and he was so rude and dismissive. Another concern I have was that he took all our telephone numbers, names and hotel details – he never explained why he needed that information. As for the tour we only saw a very small fraction to the museums. Our only saving grace was that we availed of the audio headsets that were included in my initial ticket – this allowed us to follow the tour as set-out by the Vatican. Unfortunately we had to stick with the tour guide in order to take the shortcut into St. Peters – this short cut cost each of us €21. By the time we made it to St. Peters we were exhausted from all the hanging around without a break that we just had a quick walk around and left. It’s important to note that the upgrade didn’t include a tour of St. Peters – just use of the shortcut.
The best advice I can give people is buy your tickets directly with the Vatican and include the audio headset – that way you can wander around the museums at your own pace and make the most of the ticket. There’s a coffee shop inside if you need a break and lovely gardens to explore (none of which we got to see). Try researching the Sistine chapel before you go – this will save you a lot of time and allow you to truly take it all in. There is so much to see in the Vatican – try not to rush it and if you have the time try and leave St. Peters to another day and do a separate tour of it (there’s a lot of walking and to take in if you do the Vatican, Sistine and St. Peters together). Whatever you do stay clear of “Rome with Us” – their tour was the worst I have ever experienced.

4  Thank Mairead M
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Margarita was an excellent guide, gave a good over view of the Biblical story behind the Sistine Chapel paintings. Good explanation of the few items we were able to see in the available time in the Vatican Museum and a great guide for Saint Peter’s Basilica.

1  Thank Sally G
Reviewed September 17, 2018

it was very fantastic tour inside...
The staff were very accommodating. got the real value of money .

1  Thank Matiur R