“Colosseum and Forum Romanum with Tom”
Review of Italy With Us

Italy With Us
Book In Advance
$59.27*
and up
Skip the Line Vatican: Day Time Tour including Vatican Museums and Sistine...
$112.62*
Colosseum Under the Moon Including Underground and Arena Floor
$65.20*
Skip the Line: Colosseum and Ancient Rome Small Group Tour
Ranked #59 of 797 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: We arrange private and group tours of the Vatican, Rome and Italy. One of our specializations is getting to the Sistine Chapel ahead of the crowds or being there when no one else in the Vatican! Our Vatican office is very close to the entrance to the Vatican museums. That is where we meet for our Vatican tours, not in or outside a bar or on the steps opposite the entrance to the Vatican museums.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Frankfurt, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Colosseum and Forum Romanum with Tom”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This May we had a stop off in Rome during a trip down to Naples with our 2 kids. We had reserved one day to wonder around the Forum Romanum and to visit the colosseum. Standing near the entrance we were approached by a friendly irish guy asking us whether we would be interested in a guided tour. When I heard the price for all 4 of us (135EUR) I was rather sceptical whether we would get our money's worth. But my wife and I decided to give it a go.

We joined a group with Tom from Canada. Tom delivery was excellent. He spiced up the historic facts with little stories and had also a great sense of humour. He was such a good speaker that even the non-native english speakers in our group had no problems to follow. And even for both our kids (15 and 11) the tour with Tom will remain a memorable part of their Rome visit. We must admit that the tour is absolutely was worth the money if you are interested to get a better imagination of what life was like back in ancient Rome...

1 Thank augustus259

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Tarpon Springs, Florida, Usa
“Rudy is Great !!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Recently, my wife and I were on a twelve day European cruise. We stopped at many beautiful ports in Spain, France, Croatia, and Italy. By far, the most enjoyable were in Florence, Rome, and Livorno, simply because we arranged excursions with Rudy prior to leaving Florida. Rudy showed us Rome for an entire day, Guido did the same in Florence, as did Franco in Livorno. We were in comfortable, new Mercedes automobiles each tour. Each guide was nothing short of wonderful. Each was in their home areas, as had their families for many generations. They all knew the interesting history everywhere we went, as well as their own personal insights. The three days were not only fascinating, but breathtakingly beautiful. We were treated like royalty by each of our guides. At no time did we feel like cattle being herded, as is always the case with the large bus tours. We were quite sad to be leaving Rudy, Guido, and Franco, as we felt like old friends after the three tours. We want to see all three again when we go back to Italy in the future. You will find the cost to be very fair for the degree of personal attention and total enjoyment you'll be receiving. Rudy and his staff are total professionals. We recommend them very highly.

Visited June 2013
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic tour company!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I visited Rome at the end of May for the first time with my Dad. First stop was The Vatican City. We hadn't booked on any tours and for the first 10 minutes we pretty much stood around feeling lost! An Italian girl asked us if we were OK/knew where we were going and if we had considered booking a tour. She gave us lots of information about the Vatican tour run by Italy With Us, then walked with us to their office. She didn't put any pressure on us to go with her, she left it completely up to us. We got straight on to a tour, and paid 45 euros each (I think), which included the two hour tour, entry to museums and queue jump for the museums and St Peter's. Tiberio was our tour guide and he was absolutely fantastic. He was so entertaining and funny, and gave us plenty of time to stop and take photos. I also really liked how polite he was to other people. If someone who wasn’t on our tour was trying to take a photo or see something, he made sure we weren't blocking their way. Such a nice attitude rather than some of the pushy tour guides you see around! I can't believe what good value for money it was - I learnt so much, had an entertaining tour and didn't have to stand in the HUGE queues!

Our second tour with Italy With Us was a few days later at the Colosseum and Forum. Again, we hadn't booked on a tour, but went to their Colosseum office and were again put straight on one. The staff asked us in conversation how we'd found them, and when we mentioned we'd been on a Vatican tour they gave us a discount. We would have happily paid the full price but it was a really nice gesture on their part. I can't remember the name of our tour guide for this tour sadly - but he was an English guy originally from West London! Again the tour included entry and queue jump. It was another fantastic tour, I never knew how much I didn't know about the gladiators! Really really interesting. The tour included a walk round part of the Forum, and finished inside it. That was really good as we could then wander around at our own pace, but understanding what we were looking at. If we'd gone on our own I wouldn't have had a clue!

Both our tour guides were funny, interesting and so passionate about their subjects, and you could tell that they loved not only what they were talking about but sharing that knowledge too. The time flew by! Having been on the tours I can't imagine not going on one. You definitely get so much more out of the visit, and the queue jumping is such a bonus. Amazing value for money. The only thing I'm upset about is that I didn't get to go on ALL the tours...might just have to visit Rome again...!

Reading, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Brilliant tour, highly recommend it!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Usually dubious about being approached by people offering tours but seeing as the queue for the basilica was already 1 hour long and the nice tall man (sorry didn't catch his name) was so friendly we went for it! So glad we did, got to skip the queue into the Vatican museums got a long informative tour by the knowledgable Margarita. Learnt lots about a lot of the pieces (trying to see them all would be madness) and the Sistine chapel was fully explained before we went in (as it should be silence in there). Quite glad also on the "tour door" ie we got to go from the chapel directly into the church and did not have to queue again. Well worth the money, thoroughly enjoyed, thank you.

Visited June 2013
Letchworth, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent tours of both the colessuem and Vatican.”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We usually dont use organised tours but we were approached by a very friendly girl (Shauna) who tried to sell us a tour of the colessuem. To be honest at the time the main selling point was skipping the 2 hour que but actually we had a great tour.

Cost was €40 but it was worth while. We had 2.5 hours including the forum with our tour guide Anton. He was excellent, informative and made the history of the place come alive. Indeed the tour was so good that we decided to go with the same tour company to the early morning Vatican trip.

This tour was with Arnaldo and again he was excellent, explaining the history and pointing to out things that we would never have noticed. Also being there early allowed us to spend 15 minutes in the sisten chapel (your time in there is limited based on how busy it is) as it wasn't very busy. Yes the organisation and getting into both the colessuem and Vatican was a bit hectic but I think this is more to do with the way the sites are run than the tour company.

The only (very) small complaint was that the office near the colessuem is on a small grotty back street and you need to watch your toes when waiting outside as there are ot of cars trying to squeeze past! - but again I guess offices are expensive on main streets in Rome!!

Overall 2 tours cost us 85 euros each so its not a cheap option but in our opinion it was very worth it as we didnt have to que and had excellent quides. I would certainly recommend this company to anyone interesting in seeing these sites..