“great tour to the vatican”
Review of Italy With Us

Italy With Us
Book In Advance
$59.27*
and up
Skip the Line Vatican: Day Time Tour including Vatican Museums and Sistine...
$112.62*
Colosseum Under the Moon Including Underground and Arena Floor
$65.20*
Skip the Line: Colosseum and Ancient Rome Small Group Tour
Ranked #59 of 797 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: We arrange private and group tours of the Vatican, Rome and Italy. One of our specializations is getting to the Sistine Chapel ahead of the crowds or being there when no one else in the Vatican! Our Vatican office is very close to the entrance to the Vatican museums. That is where we meet for our Vatican tours, not in or outside a bar or on the steps opposite the entrance to the Vatican museums.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great tour to the vatican”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were planning to go to a trip to the vatican expecting to come across huge lines. on the way an agent of "Italy with us" offered their services which were a guided tour and fast entence (no lines) to the vatican muesums.
It costs us 15 euros more then a ticket to the vatican but it was totally worth it!!!!
Our guide Alexandra Rinaldi was funny, interesting,knowledgable and nice.
The time went by quickly and we enjoyed it very much. It is a highly recommend tour for those of you who want a taste of the place. there is no possiblw way to see the whole Vatican in one visit, if it is your first time there and want to see the highlights this is the best way to do it.

Visited December 2012

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Unexpectedly fantastic!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We ran into a rep on the footpath while walking to the Colisseum for a visit and were convinced to join their 2 hr tour of the Colisseum and Forum. I'll admit that I thought we'd probably fallen into a tourist trap and were about to get the 'dodgy' tour. Couldn't have been more wrong.
Anton, our guide, totally brought the Colisseum and the Forum to life. The forum has almost no information available to sightseers to explain what they are looking at, so Anton's commentary was particularly good here.
My only criticism of the Company is that they didn't take credit card which almost put me off taking the tour in the first place.

1 Thank Kylie W
Helen D, Owner at Italy With Us, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your review Kylie - I am delighted you enjoyed your tour with us. I like guides who are spontaneous, intelligent and witty as well as very knowledgeable - Anton is a perfect example of what I mean. Guides trained like circus animals seem so false to me - every thing standardized.

We are one of the few tour companies that do offer credit card facilities in our offices - actually we are one of the few with our own offices! Unfortunately the telephone line to the Colosseum office is not completely reliable and the POS goes off for a while every now and again. We cann't get a reception for cell phones at all, even with a booster, so we struggle at times. I am so sorry about this. I suppose there has to be some disadvantage in having the perfect location for an office.

You say your tour was fantastic but give up 4 stars (I suppose the cc problem is the reason) and it made me think about a lady who told me that she had recently had a tour of the Vatican with a group of 6 and thought the company she was with was the very best because they had 11 trainee guides following them and listening on the headsets. She gave 5 points for this "service" - I am sure I would have been hammered for making a semi-private group into a 17 person group!!
Kennewick, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Skip the long lines”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We happened upon "Italy with Us" while waiting in line to purchase entrance tickets. We decided to take their tour of the Coliseum, Forum and Palatine Hill. What a fantastic tour. We were able to walk right past the very long lines at the Coliseum. This particular tour took us into the dungeons and the top level of the Coliseum, a very special experience. Next we went to Palatine Hill and then the forum. Our tour was so fantastic we followed our guide back to the office to book the 8am VIP Vatican Tour for the next morning. Again a fantastic experience. We were in the Sistine Chapel with only a few people - the way it should be experienced. We also saw a bit of the museum before the HUGE crowds hit. It was worth every penny. Once the crowds come in it is very difficult to see anything.

Visited October 2012
Romford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour. Colisseum brought to life.”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had a tour with Kathy of the Colliseum it was so special. The whole time we were with the tour we were given information, which made the whole thing come alive. I cant recommend this tour enough.Most of all it was fun, you skip the long queues and get a sense of the history you could never get as an individual. Dont book with anyone else!!!

1 Thank ANG19560
North Charleston, South Carolina
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We did not start off on the right foot at first, but everything worked out just fine and we had a fantastic tour!

My wife and I were in (the long) line for St. Peter's Basilica when I decided to check out the tours that were being offered that 'skipped the lines'. I was told the tour would cover the Sistine Chapel, Museum, and St. Peter's Basilica for the cost of admission and a per person charge. I pulled my wife out of line and the guy led us on a very fast paced walk several blocks away to the Tour office. Upon arrival, we were told that St. Peter's Basilica wasn't on the menu today.

After some debate, we decided to take the tour anyway since it would skip the Sistine Chapel line (which was very long too!). The lady in the office was sincere and helped us to feel better about the choice.

Once the tour started, we could tell we would enjoy our tour guide...brutally honest, good sense of humor, and knowledgable.

The tour lasted a few hours and to our surprise did include St. Peter's Basilica. We received so much information from the Tour guide that we know we would have missed without him.

Confirm the tour contents ahead of time, but be assured that you will learn so much from the commentary (via convenient remote headsets) that you will be glad you chose to spend the money on the tour (the cost alone is worth skipping the lines). In the end, we found Italy With Us to be very reputable and comes recommended.

1 Thank tjhess74