“Ice cream heaven ”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Colonna
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

This place was recommended to us and it was so good! Crazy busy but worth it. The pistachio and walnut ice creams were exceptional!

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (11,083)

Reviewed April 11, 2019

We ate a lot of gelato during our 2-week trip to Italy and this was definitely the best. Make sure to have it with whipped cream! The atmosphere has a cool old-school vibe (well, it's been around since 1900) and the flavors were excellent.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 10, 2019

The high ratings don't lie. Giolitti is lit af. Haha jk, seriously super duper good though.

LOCATION: You need to follow your GPS because it's tucked away in an alley. Their sign is huge so you won't miss it.

GELATO SHOP: Also functions as a restaurant, you can sit inside but I think they charge you a service fee for sitting in. You're better off taking it to-go.

LINE/WAIT: Can be long depending on the day. It was spring break this past week so one of the days I tried to stop by, the line stretched out far because of visiting students.

However! I was lucky on my second attempt. The line was short right when I got there but grew within minutes.

PRICE: Pay at the counter for your gelato size first. I opted for a small, comes with 2 flavors! 2,80 euros which is VERY affordable.

GELATO: So maaaany options. I didn't know where to start, but I got their chocolate and tiramisu. It also came with complimentary cream which is so nice and densely whipped. Tastes like heaven! I loooove both flavors, they complement each other so well and the texture is extremely rich and creamy. Goodness I'll never eat gelato the same way ever again.

CONCLUSION: I was sooo lucky to finally try Giolitti's after my second attempt to visit. Even if the wait is long, it's still worth it. Absolutely delicious!!

Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

This was the first time having gelato in Italy. To say that I was blown away is an understatement! It was heaven on a cone! The dark chocolate was creamy and delicious, and the pistachio was also very good. After having gelato in other areas of Italy, Giolitti’s was hands down the best!

Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

Go in.
Que up at the till, pay €5.00 for a grande ice cream (2,3 or 4 flavours).
Join the next que for the ice cream parlour.
Get to front of que.
Pick out your favourite flavours (we got nocceiolla, pistachio and coco).
Leave.
Wander the streets of Roma licking the best ice cream you will try in your life.

It's that simple :D

Date of visit: April 2019

Been to Giolitti? Share your experiences!