“Seriously, the best Gelato...ever.”
Review of Giolitti

Giolitti
Ranked #45 of 766 Dessert in Rome
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Colonna
Stephens City, Virginia
“Seriously, the best Gelato...ever.”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I would have thought there could only be little differences among Gelaterias. I was dead wrong. Remember the first time you tasted Jelly Bellies and how amazed you were at the intense flavors? Well somehow Giolitti does this with Gelato. We tried many Gelaterias before and a few after Giolitti. None compare to this place. Of note, the mango was exceptional.

Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Wonderful gelato”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had gelato here twice, but I wish it had been more! Their fruit flavors are so unbelievable - we had the blackberry, strawberry and the fico carmellato (carmelized fig) and they were just amazing. The chocolate fondente is not to be missed either, if you are a dark chocolate lover.

• Visited November 2012
“Not worth the shoving to get gelato”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Giolitti has been here since1900 so they must be doing something right!

A stone's throw from the Pantheon and near the Italian Parliament (we were wondering why all the armed guards nearby!), we had a hard time finding it since we had to do some detours because some roads were closed.

The interior is very spacious and there are a lot of outside seating as well (they probably charge more if you sit outside) so if you don't need to sit down, go straight to the counter, pay up and take your receipt to the gelato guys behind the counter. When we came here midafternoon, it was a madhouse! some people weren't even queing up! I don't like pushing people JUST so I can get to the front. Thankfully, the guys behind the counter operated with such efficiency to accommodate everyone.

Since we had a very heavy lunch beforehand, we decided to get flavors that would act as palate cleansers: the limoncello and coconut proved to be just what the doctor ordered! The flavors are so memorable!

Visited October 2012
Rome, Italy
“Over=rated”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had read about Giolitti as being the best gelato in Rome, and for me, it wasn't. I found their gelato to be no better than some other places however, their prices are outrageous! Also, unlike other gelaterias, they really push you to finish and leave.

Visited April 2012
Athens, Greece
“Best Gelato!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I visited Giolitti with my friend because we had seen all these amazing reviews and I have to say that it was even better that we expected it to be! It offers a great variety of flavours and every one that we've tried was mind-blowing! It is a Rome-must!! Don't be afraid if you see a lot of queue..It's worth it! Try as much as you can!

• Visited October 2012

Been to Giolitti? Share your experiences!