“Great food, amazing view”
Review of Imago

Imago
Ranked #172 of 13,725 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Description: Hours: Dinner: 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm. Open 7 days a week. Chef Francesco Apreda
Reviewed November 14, 2017

As some previous reviewers have said, definitely make sure you get a table next to the window - there are a couple of tables in the middle of the room that I don't think would have quite the same experience. The food is outstanding - we went for the 10 course tasting menu and every course was brilliantly prepared and delicious. The only reason I wouldn't give it 5 stars is the atmosphere was a little stuffy - men had to wear a jacket to come in, but once you get inside most of them had been taken off and were on the backs of chairs (so I'm not sure why bother with this rule at all). Also, when you sit down you are presented with several bottles of champagne and asked what you would like, with no prices given - while I appreciate that most people eating at this kind of restaurant can afford a glass of champagne, the way this was done made us feel almost embarrassed to ask for a price list. And finally, our sommelier was not the best I've had at a Michelin starred restaurant - we told him what kind of wine we wanted and how much we wanted to spend, and he recommended a completely different wine that was a good €100 over! But I'm nit-picking here, the food was wonderful and the view spectacular, I would definitely recommend if you are celebrating a special occasion in Rome.

HotelHassler, Direttore generale at Imago, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to dine at our panoramic restaurant Imàgo and for having taken the time to share your review.

I was very happy to learn how pleased you were with the stunning views of Rome and the cuisine of our Chef, Francesco Apreda. I was however sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with the service provided. I will of course bring all of your comments to the attention of our Chef and his team.

I truly hope to welcome you back to Imàgo in the near future, as we look forward to the chance of providing the unforgettable dining experience Imàgo is reknown for.

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is a experience in itself! You are made to feel like royalilty! The views are breathtaking and the waiters can not do more for you! Coats taken, seats pulled out, bag given its own seat. The little touchs are all built up to make you feel amazing! We wanted a nice last night in Rome dinner without breaking the bank! We all only ordered a main and then with complements of the chef we basically had 3 starters for free of charge! Dinner 1 couple had th chicken to share and I wanted this but husband wanted something else, so they got the smallest chicken and gave me this for the same price as just one person! Very grateful for doing that as the chicken was amazing!Meal itself was stunning! Thank you to the chef and his team! Can not wait to get back here!

HotelHassler, Direttore generale at Imago, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to dine at our Michelin starred restaurant Imàgo and for having shared your review.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed not only the spectacular view of Rome, but also the attentive service provided by our staff and the exquisite cuisine proposed by our Chef, Francesco Apreda.

Our Chef will be very glad to know that you found his dishes to your satisfaction. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with him and his team.

I hope we will have many future opportunities to welcome you back to Imàgo to celebrate future special occasions by dining in the heart of the Eternal City!

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Advance reservation is a must and make sure to reserve a table by the window as the view is so beautiful and those 2-3 tables in the middle “without view” do not give the same enjoyable experience. Food was as great as expected and we liked having a la carte option as the menu option seemed too much “work” (but I am sure absolutely delicious). Wonderful service, many complementary small surprises. Each dish we tasted was great and therefore difficult to recommend something specific. It was “white truffle” special season. I would say that truffle was somewhat overpriced even for such place given the season and that we were in Italy but this happens at such restaurants. Huge wine selection and the sommelier was very helpful. In general, very pleasant high cuisine experience.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to dine at our panoramic restaurant Imàgo and for sharing your comments about your dining experience.

I am pleased to know how much you enjoyed the splendid view of the Eternal City provided by the location of our restaurant. Our Chef and his team will also be very glad to know how much you appreciated the cuisine and wine.

I hope you will have many more opportunities to dine at Imàgo in the future in order to try all the different exquisite dishes prepared by our Chef Apreda.

We look forward to welcoming back to Imàgo soon!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

We went here on a recent trip to Rome to celebrate my fiancé's 30th birthday. Everything about the evening was beautiful!
The setting is stunning and very tastefully decorated. The view over the city is beautiful and makes the evening all the more special.
The staff were very attentive but in a relaxed way. They really have got the balance just right, it doesn't feel forced or formal like I have experienced in other, similar restaurants. I am currently 7 months pregnant so they went out of their way to make me mocktails, etc... so I didn't feel left out with my partner was sipping his champagne.
We both had the 10course taster menu. We have raved about it ever since to anyone who will listen. The octopus was my favourite course!
The meal is expensive, but I would argue that you pay for the experience. We were both incredibly well looked after and could not have had a more wonderful night. We left happy, relaxed and well fed!

Thank you so much for having us!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to celebrate your fiancé’s Birthday at our panoramic restaurant Imàgo and also for having taken the time to share your comments about your dining experience.

Please accept my belated birthday wishes and congratulations on your pregnancy!
I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the magnificent view from Imàgo accompanied by the delicious creations of our Chef Apreda. Our Chef and his team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal and that they participated in making your dining experience very memorable.

I hope you will have many more opportunities in the future to return to Imàgo and celebrate many more wonderful occasions!

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2017

Imago is a high end restaurant in the Hassler hotel on top of the Spanish steps. It is located on one of the higher floors of the hotel and boasts a magnificent view of Rome, specially at sunset. The ambiance is elegant - some of the waiters sport tails -its quiet, tables are spaced for maximum privacy and the food rocks. In fact I can say I had one of the most delicious meals there I ever had in Rome, which is known for excellent food. Prices are high... as you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. Expect to spend about 400 Dollars and up for dinner for two with cocktails and no wine. But if you have the money, its worth it.

Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the attentive service provided by our staff and the exquisite cuisine proposed by our Chef, Francesco Apreda.

President and Managing Director

Been to Imago? Share your experiences!