“My fiancé's 30th birthday”
Review of Imago

Imago
Ranked #165 of 13,794 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Description: Hours: Dinner: 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm. Open 7 days a week. Chef Francesco Apreda
Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

We went here on a recent trip to Rome to celebrate my fiancé's 30th birthday. Everything about the evening was beautiful!
The setting is stunning and very tastefully decorated. The view over the city is beautiful and makes the evening all the more special.
The staff were very attentive but in a relaxed way. They really have got the balance just right, it doesn't feel forced or formal like I have experienced in other, similar restaurants. I am currently 7 months pregnant so they went out of their way to make me mocktails, etc... so I didn't feel left out with my partner was sipping his champagne.
We both had the 10course taster menu. We have raved about it ever since to anyone who will listen. The octopus was my favourite course!
The meal is expensive, but I would argue that you pay for the experience. We were both incredibly well looked after and could not have had a more wonderful night. We left happy, relaxed and well fed!

Thank you so much for having us!

HotelHassler, Direttore generale at Imago, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to celebrate your fiancé’s Birthday at our panoramic restaurant Imàgo and also for having taken the time to share your comments about your dining experience.

Please accept my belated birthday wishes and congratulations on your pregnancy!
I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the magnificent view from Imàgo accompanied by the delicious creations of our Chef Apreda. Our Chef and his team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal and that they participated in making your dining experience very memorable.

I hope you will have many more opportunities in the future to return to Imàgo and celebrate many more wonderful occasions!

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2017

Imago is a high end restaurant in the Hassler hotel on top of the Spanish steps. It is located on one of the higher floors of the hotel and boasts a magnificent view of Rome, specially at sunset. The ambiance is elegant - some of the waiters sport tails -its quiet, tables are spaced for maximum privacy and the food rocks. In fact I can say I had one of the most delicious meals there I ever had in Rome, which is known for excellent food. Prices are high... as you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. Expect to spend about 400 Dollars and up for dinner for two with cocktails and no wine. But if you have the money, its worth it.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to dine at our Michelin starred restaurant Imàgo and for having shared your review.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the attentive service provided by our staff and the exquisite cuisine proposed by our Chef, Francesco Apreda.

Our Chef will be very glad to know that you found his dishes to your satisfaction. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with him and his team.

I hope we will have many future opportunities to welcome you back to Imàgo to celebrate future special occasions by dining in the heart of the Eternal City!

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2017

Being there it's just like to be close to paradise, everything is so perfect. Cuisine, for sure, but, nowhere in the world, great restaurant are just based on great food, there is also amazing service, fantastic wine list, superb welcoming, great sommelierThank you for the best 20th anniversary dinner.
Merian & Robert

HotelHassler, Direttore generale at Imago, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your dinner at Imàgo, they are very important to me in order to keep providing guests with the best possible service and experience possible.

I am pleased to know you enjoyed our Chef Francesco Apreda’s contemporary Italian cuisine. I will also inform my staff about how much you appreciated their welcoming and professional service. It is a great satisfaction to know you truly were satisfied with your dining experience at Imàgo!

I hope you will have the opportunity of visiting Imàgo again in the near future.
Greetings from the Eternal City!

Reviewed October 30, 2017

Fantastic Michelin starred restaurant. At the top of the Spanish Steps. Top floor of the Hassler Hotel. Great views of Rome. We ate here one evening and the service was impeccable. The food was world class. A " go on treat yourself " moment. Obviously not the cheapest place to eat in Rome but very reasonable if compared to equivalent in London , Paris or New York. Fine dining with old school charm and service.
Gentlemen are required to wear a jacket as they should be.
No back to front baseball caps in sight ! Hooray !

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen our Imàgo Restaurant while in Rome, but also for having taken the time to give us your comments, which were much appreciated.

I was pleased to learn that we met your expectations and you enjoyed our renowned quality of service, care and attention.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to Imàgo in the near future.

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

Reviewed October 21, 2017

The food was Italian with a twist. The chef has travelled widely, his experiences are reflected subtly in the menu. The food was delicious but grounded on earth. The service impeccable. The view stunning.

Best Regards,