“A romantic culinary delight”
Review of Imago

Imago
Ranked #171 of 13,746 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Description: Hours: Dinner: 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm. Open 7 days a week. Chef Francesco Apreda
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

If you ever find yourself in Rome and want to go to a very special place for a gastronomic dinner, you must try Restaurant Imago. Located at the top of the Spanish Steps, inside the famed Hassler Hotel, the restaurant offers an unparalleled view of the lit up Vatican at night. The service is impeccable and the tasting menu is an experience every foodie must go through. The chef creatively marries Italian cuisine with spices and taste from the East. The result is a surprising combination of texture and taste.

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there earlier this year and it was truly memorable.

1  Thank MC2015yul
HotelHassler, Direttore generale at Imago, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to dine at our Michelin starred restaurant Imàgo and for having shared your review.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the attentive service provided by our staff and the exquisite cuisine proposed by our Chef, Francesco Apreda.

Our Chef will be very glad to know that you found his dishes to your satisfaction. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with him and his team.

I hope we will have many future opportunities to welcome you back to Imàgo to celebrate future special occasions by dining in the heart of the Eternal City!

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been fortunate to dine at many Michelin-starred restaurants around the globe, but this was our worst experience by far. We were really excited after reading the rave reviews but the meal left us feeling unsatisfactory. I got the vegetarian tasting menu which I was super excited about after hearing the chef's wife was vegetarian. Sadly, it was the first time I didn't even finish a course. My husband got the seafood-themed seven course tasting menu but it also left a lot to be desired, without one memorable dish. While the views and service were wonderful the food itself fell flat, especially for the price. Given that you are in Rome and can find wonderful meals at any street corner, there is no need to shell out ~500 euro for this meal.

1  Thank MamtaKA
HotelHassler, Direttore generale at Imago, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having decided to dine at Imàgo and also for your personal review, even if I was very sorry to read that the experience did not meet your expectations and that you were not pleased with the dishes tasted during the dinner

I have passed on your comments to our Chef and to our restaurant’s staff to better understand the details you found disappointing during your dining experience.

I still hope that the future may hold in store some other occasion for you to return and allow my team the possibility to demonstrate that we are capable of offering a service we have become renowned for.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

Wow! We had the Chef's tasting menu, 10 course of heaven! The scallop was the best I've ever had, and even the octopus was tender and tasty!! The view is amazing, come at sunset, our 8 pm reservation was perfect timing. 5 stars all the way- a special meal in the eternal city!

HotelHassler, Direttore generale at Imago, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to dine at Imàgo to celebrate your wedding anniversary. Auguri!

I am very pleased to know that your dining experience was to your complete satisfaction and that you thoroughly enjoyed your evening at Imàgo.

It will be a pleasure to share your compliments with our staff.

I do hope you will have many future opportunities to dine at Imàgo and enjoy the exquisite cuisine paired with the stunning view of Rome once more!

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

There are not enough words to describe just how wonderful this restaurant is, so I will just two: absolutely amazing! Our evening spent at Imago was definitely the highlight of our week long trip to Rome.

1  Thank Laura L
HotelHassler, Direttore generale at Imago, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review in regards to your recent dining experience at our panoramic restaurant Imàgo.

I am very pleased to know you enjoyed Chef Francesco Apreda’s contemporary Italian cuisine combined with the breath taking view of historic Rome. It will be a pleasure to inform my staff about how much your experience at Imàgo.

I do hope you will have many more future opportunities to dine at Imàgo once again!
Greetings from the Eternal City!

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

We are here last night and had their 10th anniversary tasting menu with wine pairing. It was delicious! Surprisingly it was more Asian food than Italian since the chef worked in Japan for many years. The dishes were varied and all very good. The staff was amazing and made our experience wonderful! The view at sunset was beautiful!

1  Thank Stephanie T

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen our panoramic restaurant Imàgo and also for having taken the time to share your comments about your dining experience.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the magnificent view from Imàgo accompanied by the delicious creations of our Chef Apreda. Our Chef and his team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal and the service provided by our staff.

I hope you will have many more opportunities in the future to return to Imàgo.

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

President and Managing Director

Been to Imago? Share your experiences!