“Worth what you paid for!:)”
Review of Roman Holidays

Roman Holidays
Ranked #949 of 3,782 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had a very comfortable stay at Roman Holidays! We would recommend it if you are looking for no-frills, budget friendly and quiet location!

Positive: Location is convenient when you want to go to the Vatican Museum. It is also not far from St. Peter's Basilica. We were also able to explore Rome by foot with the hotel as the starting point. However, be prepared to walk quite a distance! Many small restos nearby. Room is cleaned everyday. Simple breakfast in Bar Doria is a plus! Helpful staff!

Negative: Rooms are quite dark. Reception is not 24hours.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was a bit worried as we hadn't paid much to be in Rome but I was pleasantly surprised.Warm welcome, clean, spacious bedroom & bathroom, no problem when we asked for extra pillows. Very friendly staff in the cafe for breakfast. Ideal for visiting all of Rome as not far from the metro & bus station.
Would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel is really good, specially if you think of how much you paid for it. Confortable beds, spacious room and bathroom. The only downside was the breakfast: it is outside the hotel and you only get one croissant, one glass of orange juice (half full) and one coffe. This is why I gave it 4 instead of 5. Overall, really good place!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

be sure to contact the owner to get directions, I had a bit of drama finding the place, but once I got there I was pleasantly surprised. Great value for money, I walked to the pope;s house and the really old footy stadium. Had an absolute blast.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Excellent base whilst in Rome and booked on KGB meaning we got an exceptionally good value stay. Spent 3 nights there with my Fiancee, room was very clean, very comfortable and firm bed with an excellent shower. Really everything you could ask for from a B & B. Ten mins walk from the Vatican and easy access to the Metro.

Met at reception by two very friendly ladies who checked us in and booked our cab back to the airport. Had to ask for extra pillows and the room got slightly warm at night (but the aircon will correct this and the heating is controlled by the building) but really very good overall.

Breakfast is a pastry, orange juice and coffee at the local cafe so don't expect a full English... but after all this isn't England and probably helps to make the experience more Italian. True the lift is small and there isn't staff there all day , however, there is a number where you can always contact someone for help.

Overall the accommodation was excellent value, well located and the staff were very friendly.
Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We returned from our 3 night deal on the 3rd of February. We found the 'hotel' rather our room on the 4th floor of an apartment block very small, clean and just about adequate, no shower curtain so you had to stand and hose yourself ! We are use to city breaks and using the transport system in Europe but we did struggle to find Roman Holiday despite printing our own map off. I'd advise anyone travelling to take the shuttle but from the airport to the termini, it's 6 euros and get the M (red) to Battistini and get off at Ottaviano. When you come up from the Metro with the Vatican behind you, go left , 1st right cross the next junction and the next street along to the left, you'll see a flashing pharmacy sign in neon lights, turn left and you're there. Or follow the Vatican wall , passed the Sistine chapel entrance, cross 2 junctions. There was a lovely little bar near our 'hotel' called Jet Lag 64, worth a visit the lads were really friendly and open until 2am.
Lesley from Bolton

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Having bought a voucher for a 3 night stay at Roman Holidays on kgb my girlfriend and I were really looking forward to this as Rome is one of the nicest cities in the world. At least that part is true but our experience of it was almost ruined by the time spent at Roman Holidays and I will try and outline the reasons why below.
We emailed Alessandro before we left asking the best way of getting to the B and B from the airport and he advised the train, he then asked what time we would be arriving and we advised the flight was due to land at half past ten so however long after that it took to get there unless there were delays. As neither of us had been to Rome before we trusted his advice so, this is what we did. As the majority of the escalators at the stations (and there were a lot of them) were not working we really struggled to heave our suitcases up and down all the flights of stairs that we had to traverse in order to reach our destination; this was made worse by temperature of Rome in the summer (38 degrees C)!
We finally arrived at Roman Holidays after 4 hours struggling in the heat with one large and one small suitcase, dripping in sweat having wished we had got a taxi! As I had seen photos of the exterior the walk from Ottaviano Station to the building was fairly straight forward. When we arrived we were greeted by what looked like a building site, the entire front of the building had scaffolding up and unfortunately our room was at the front so we had no view from the window whatsoever. We were not met by anyone at the building to show us the correct floor the rooms were on as before arriving we had spoken to Alessandro to inform him of our troubles and he said he thought we must have cancelled as we were not there at half ten in the morning (rather than calling us to see where we were they just assumed we were not coming and left) so was not there any more so would be there as soon as he could. You can only fit one person and a suitcase in the lift and if you open the door before it is totally stopped - which is something I did having been totally stressed by the journey - it goes back to the ground floor. We both eventually got to the forth floor by which time Alessandro had finally arrived, and were shown to our room. We then explained what we had experienced on the journey from the airport and the staff looked at us with disbelief and were surprised to hear that it was so hard to get across the city by train with 2 suitcases using stations where most of the escalators were broken! Alessandro even said we should have got the bus rather than the train (even though it was him who initially told us we should get the train) to which we just politely smiled at as we were so tired and just wanted to collapse on the bed.
The room at first seemed really good with a nice big spa shower in the bathroom which we were looking forward to using after our awful journey. The shower did not work as it should, water only came out of the normal shower head and when it did it was either boiling hot or freezing cold so you constantly had to turn the temperature up and down. When we complained we were told that they could not get any one out until Monday which we said would be no good as we were leaving the day after. After a lot of discussion he finally agreed that he would get someone to look at it the next day (Sunday) but we never saw anyone or noticed that anything with the shower had changed. The bed was ok and the room was clean so that was at least one positive. Someone did go in the room every day to make the bed which was also appreciated - or so we thought. I realised that I had left a pair of trainers in the room whilst in a taxi back to the airport and assumed this wouldn't be a problem; how wrong I was. When we arrived home my girlfriend emailed Alessandro to ask if the trainers could be posted back to us. He simply replied saying: "I am sorry but I did not found your shoes". Although he replied to the next email we sent him asking him to double check we got no response to the third. We were very disappointed by this and feel that he did not take our complaint about the missing shoes seriously.
His one line email replies give me the impression that he never investigated this matter and probably thought that we were lying about the whole thing!
The breakfast was at a cafe around the corner: one small pastry; one small coffee; and one small orange juice each.
Basically, if you go here check that you have all your property before you leave because you won't get it back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gembobs_12
Alepsg70, Proprietario at Roman Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Customer,
thanks for letting this contribution.
I suggest to the users of TRIPADVISOR to read the review of our attentive host.
There are two points that I think could be useful:
- Pay attention to my "tips" that do not take the train from the airport because it hides a number of inefficiencies, stairs and anything else that will make your holiday a tragedy; instead take the taxi that we organize at competitive prices!
- Do not forget anything in the room because the staff will reply "only" three times did not find what you have lost.

Also add that it's crazy to see Rome in 38 degrees. I'm really sorry you have not installed in the skies of Rome a mega conditioner to make your stay more enjoyable.

Apart from all this, I believe that the gentlemen should have respect for people who work. Leave judgments so impertinent has a value for its own sake. Not useful to the community that frequents this site with the desire to understand whether the structure could meet your needs.
Say instead that it was suggested to take the train as the most convenient way is offensive and not true because in addition to organizing transfers to / from the aereporti we have the comprehensive explanations about how to get to our B & B on our site.
The inefficiencies that are unfortunately in Rome do not think are attributable to the Roman Holidays? I too am so sorry that I was born and live in Rome always know that a tourist has found obstacles in the structures of the city, but I think that this should meet the mayor of the capital and not the owner of the accommodation.
Amaro is the second point that I highlighted. Ie having to "apologize" for not having found the shoes of the customer!
I therefore find it unfair to attribute a negative judgment of the B & B for these reasons and hope the precious public that feeds this wonderful tool that is TripAdvisor, should be indignant against the reviewers of this article.
For our part, we will continue to do our work with the usual dedication hoping to get better than this in the near future evaluations.