“No fuss accommodation.”

Ranked #704 of 3,617 Rome B&B and Inns
Warwick, United Kingdom
“No fuss accommodation.”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at Roman Holidays whilst visiting Rome to work at a conference. Despite the taxi driver struggling to find the building (the street address is bumeliana, not with a space as provided) I was greeted warmly by the check in girl who helped me with my questions as I was travelling alone and was pleased to be shown to a lovely, clean bedroom and to find the bed was really comfy.

Most important things to note are A) there is a lift but it is extremely small and I only managed to get myself and my 2 bags in. Also I got stuck in the lift twice (the outer doors wouldn't open) make sure you let the lift fully stop before trying to exit. B) this is advertised as a B&B and it literally is that, don't expect extra services. Some may find this as a negative but I loved the independence of it all! It felt like I'd rented a flat for 3 days minus a kitchen and living area. C) Breakfast is at a bar around the corner and is adequate for a morning snack and a cup of coffee. This is the only negative, I only used my breakfast voucher once.

Overall I had a wonderful stay at Roman Holidays and when I did get a chance to go and explore I went and walked round the wall surrounding the Vatican City, which is a 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights with a kgb deals voucher and it was great. Lovely room, great building and lovely staff. I actually ended up going for a drink with one of the girls working there on my birthday. I was traveling alone and made to feel very welcome.

A short walk from the metro, you can reach all the sights in central Rome, but the hotel is also around 15/20 minutes walk from the Vatican museums.

Definitely recommend this place :)

• Stayed November 2012

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

my husband and I stayed at roman holidays for 4 days at the beginning of Oct. Once we found hotel it was lovely. Clean and comfortable. close to the vatican and the metro which is simple to use in order to get about although walking was also interesting. staff were friendly and on hand during the day if needed. Cafe for breakfast was enough to start the day. Would definitely go backl and stay here again

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Nice setting, clean room, friendly hosts. Close enough to everything major in the city to be able to walk. On the west side of the river very close to the Vatican. Easy to find and nice breakfast location too. This is a place i would use again and i would certainly go back to Rome. Lots to see and lots to do.

Room Tip: Most rooms are seemingly good!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Would recommend as is only five mins walk to the Vatican museum and only 3 minutes walk to the metro. The cafe across the way where we had breakfast were very freindly and gives you a true feel of traditional roman life, if u like pizza and ice cream it's a must also lol

• Stayed November 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Roman Holidays for a couple of days at the end of August. It's based near the Vatican City, on the Metro line from the Roma Termini station. The Metro is very easy to navigate, and we used it all the time to get around. I'd recommend buying a Roma card, as you get unlimited travel and free entry to a couple of sights. We bought it when we first arrived at Rome and it definitely paid for itself.

Once you get to Ottoviano station, take a look at a map to Roman Holidays. The directions to get there are very easy to follow, but they take you quite a long way around, so if you're good with maps, just follow that instead of the instructions.

I was a little nervous when we first arrived because there was no obvious hotel. When you're on the road, look out for a small-ish sign that says Roman Holidays. It's one buzzer on a massive building. When you go in, you have to go up a fair few floors (I can't remember how many, sorry). We got confused because there was another door with a Roman holiday sign on it, that no one answered. We didn't ever work out what that is, but it definitely isn't the right place. Go up a couple more floors, and the door is right in front of you.

The "hotel" is basically a few rooms on a floor. The rooms are beautifully made, with lovely furnishings. Wifi is included and was fine for what we needed (a quick text home etc). The air con was fine, and we could come and go as we pleased. we didn't see anyone else the whole time we were there (Including the receptionist -- you are left to your own devices).

The Vatican City is less than 5 minutes walk away, which is great because you can get there early and avoid the queues. It was dead easy to get into central Rome as well, taking the Metro line. We visited the Colosseum, the Roman Forum (watch out for Centurians trying to take photos with you -- we thought we were wise to it and they still managed to get us). Also went to the Spanish Steps and Fontano de Trevi, all lovely places to see.

All in all, would definitely recommend. Great value and once you've found it, great location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple