“a night to forget”

il giardino di albino
Reserve with
il giardino di albino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #323 of 12,760 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Colonna
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Based on the good reviews found on tripadvisor we were excited to have booked a table in this restaurant. We were surprised though that only 10% of the tables were occupied on a saturday evening between 8 and 9. But the people were indeed very friendly (i realised later that it was just a game to make you order a lot) and i was still convinced that they would serve a good meal. They came with their antipasta del casa even before we had a look at the menu but i was told it was good so we tried it. I found it ok but my wife couldn't eat much of it. After that we ordered a ravioli and roast lamb. The ravioli was worse than heating one up from the supermarket and the lamb was...I don't even know what to say. This was definitely not good Italian food and just couldn't eat it. Asking for the bill and leaving was the only option for us. Not easy because we were almost forced to have a dessert and coffee. The evening was ruined, and we still had to find a place to eat. We paid over 70 euro for this, but i have to say the 18 euro for the wine was ok. The rest was a waste

Reviewed September 25, 2010

This restaurant was recommended by the representative of our apartment rental agency. It was only a few blocks away from our apartment, so we ate here on our first night in Rome. The food was very good. We tried various pasta/ravioli and they were all very tasty. I had the fettucine alfredo and remember thinking "OK, so this is how this should taste". What a difference compared with the goopy pasta sauce so common in North America.

Our waiter was very energetic and engaging. We were tired from traveling, but he picked up our spirits and had us laughing at his antics.

I thought the meal was expensive, but soon found that was standard in Rome. 5 people (3 kids), 2 glasses of wine, dessert. 100 Euros.

I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 11, 2010

When we walked down a side street & we saw Il giardino di Albino. While we looked at the menu, an old men stared outside. We felt sorry for him so went inside. Little did we know there was 3 floors and a great local restaurant. If you want a quirky restaurant, delicious traditional italian food with good atmosphere, then this is the place for you.

3  Thank Aoife99
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Awesome, authentic food. great festive atmosphere. Walking distance to Trevi fountain and Spanish Steps. Highly recommend this out of the way, off the main drag place for a dining experience while in Rome.

Reviewed July 6, 2009

Il Giardino di Albino was recommended to us by our hotel, and we really enjoyed our time here. We have been through Venice, Florence, and now Rome, and this was the only place we ate twice. The service was good--our waiter was the same both times and he remembered us--I have heard there are two "funny brothers" there and I'm betting this is one of them. The first time we went, my husband got a rigatoni with gorgonzola cheese which was AMAZING, and the reason we returned. He also got pork as his main which was good as well. My first time, I got the fetuccini with herbs (okay, but I'd go with something else) and the sausage as my main (which was very, very good). We went on our first night in Rome, and on our last night, when we were deciding on where to go eat, my husband and I both agreed to go back and we BOTH ordered the rigatoni with gorgonzola cheese. We also opted for their house appetizer, which was an array of vegetables, meat, and cheese, and it was very good. The prices were very reasonable, too. Highly recommend this restaurant!