“magical dinner”

il giardino di albino
Reserve with
il giardino di albino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #275 of 12,135 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Colonna
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“magical dinner”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Absolutely the best place where you can enjoy excellent food in a very relaxing, friendly and professional atmosphere. The menu is filled with a wide range of dishes, however we have let the owner, Luca, to decide for us and he has taken us to a magical journey through taste, aromas and flavours. His passion, his knowledge and his care for the diners experience makes if this restaurant a unique gem in the heart of Rome where you can really appreciated true food. Every dish is cooked with simple ingredients, carefully selected and mixed by his chefs and himself as well, and every single time it's a delicious surprise. The cuisine is strongly influenced by Luca's Sardinia origins, which makes the restaurant. You will not find an other place like this anywhere else in Rome. We had a great experience, everything was perfect, a must place to go from now

• Visited March 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Northampton
“Very enjoyable meal in this restaurant”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The staff were very helpful and friendly in this pleasantly decorated restaurant. There was a wide choice of dishes on the menu. The antipasta was excellent and almost a meal on its own, and our main course of veal was well cooked and presented. The traditional Italian desserts were very nice. We enjoyed our meal very much and thought that it was good value for a city centre restaurant

Visited February 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“One of my favorites in Roma”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I lived for 6 years in Rome and had the fortune of dining at Il Giardino di Albino MANY times. Now, each time I go back, I make a point of dining one night here.

I highly recommend the antipasti. When you order the house appetizers, the waiters start bringing various plates to your table. Most are either Sardinian or Roman specialties, including various sausages and cheeses, fried and roasted vegetables (including roasted peppers, which are excellent), and sometimes even meatballs. The first time I ate here, I made the mistake of not leaving very much room for dinner, so be sure to pace yourself.

Il Giardino di Albino has delivered consistently with quality all of its the food, but I think my favorite thing to get here is fish. Whether it's pesce al forno (roasted - I like sea bass the best), or pasta alle vongole or another seafood pasta, everything is always delicious.

For dessert, I highly recommend the tiramisu, but I have also enjoyed the 'Italian style cheesecake," which I found nothing like American style cheesecake. It was fluffy and light.

The staff is professional and friendly. Luca, the owner, is great with wine recommendations too.

I recommend eating later in the evening - if you go early, you will probably find the tourist crowd there. Given its location, this is expected. However, if you go to dinner after 8, you will find Italians - a sign that this is the real deal.

• Visited December 2012
“Great dinner”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We strolled into this place on our way back from Spanish Steps. It was excellent. Service was professional but freindly and casual at the same time. Food was correctly paced (we have found the tourist places just want to get you out as soon as they grab you in off the street). The Sea Bass I had just melted in your mouth, we also had the the two types of veal scaloppine and a carbonara and all were excellent. We felt in a very Italian restaurant but felt not embarrassed to speak in English. Not sure if this is right spelling but buanisimo!!

Mundelein, Illinois
“Save yourself. Skip this one.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I went to this restaurant on New Year's Eve 2012 with 4 members of my family. Most of the restaurants we checked out said that they were only offering a prix fixe menu on New Year's Eve. That seemed ok to us. I should have left when I heard those corny songs Americans are used to associating with Italy. There was some choice for us, but the food was ordinary at best, and bad as well. My pasta with bacon and mushrooms was a C-: mushrooms were not fresh, bacon undercooked. The ravioli portions small. The lamb shank looked boiled and very unappetizing. The salad could have come from a bag back in the US. No gelato for dessert: only ice cream. I would not return to this restaurant. I wish we had done what had proven successful for us on this trip: check out a Rick Steves place or pick a place and try it.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank marshalldonna

Been to il giardino di albino? Share your experiences!