“Wonderful ice cream in Roma”

Il Gelato di Claudio Torce
Ranked #134 of 807 Dessert in Rome
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We visited on recommendation by a colleague who lives in Rome and were not disappointed. We tried a lot of gelato during our 4 days and no other places had such an amazing array of different flavours. Once we finally decided on the ones to have, we only wished we had enough room left to go back for more straight away! Really delicious and certainly the best we had. Well worth a quick study of the map to find it. The lady who served us was most helpful and very patient while we were making our selection.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Ok, I LOVE gelato. It should be known that on any given trip to Italy (and I have been a dozen times) I eat gelato twice a day on average. I spent a lot of time narrowing the choices and learning about what makes gelato authentic (and delicious). After trying several options on this latest trip (and in years past), I really think that Il Gelato is the best. The shop is simple - as a previous reviewer noted - you won't find any plastic man-sized ice cream cones luring you in from the door. The flavours are spectacular - there is nothing bland about it. The Pear and Cinnamon is swoon-worthy, the chocolates are rich, and the nut-based flavours are delectable. This is not gelato for people expecting gigantic mounds of dyed, powder-based synthetic gloop. Instead, it is the result of a producer who genuinely understands his ingredients, and who takes great care with his product. I would give it a sixth star if possible.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I went to this slightly out-of-the-way little gem twice during our few days in Rome and we ate an embarrassing amount of their outstanding gelato! The address of the location we visited is Piazza Di monte d'Oro 91/92 (Via dell'Arancio), Roma, Lazio. The same delightful gentleman was there both days and his smile and friendliness were infectious. The servings are smaller than most of the other places but this is a huge plus because it affords one the opportunity to try more of their decadently fresh, creamy and delicious flavors! And boy do they have flavors! I counted 92 when we were there, including about 16 different chocolate varieties! They even have a fun variety of more unusual savory and other flavors including: celery, chocolate with paprika, gorgonzola, habanero, etc. If you are in Rome this is a DEFINITE "Don't Miss!"

Reviewed June 18, 2012

According to my LOOOONG experience of ice creams, this is the BEST ice cream you can possibly find.
The competition is tight in Rome, cause cremeria aurelia, i gracchi, gelarmony are also very good....but i think this one is one step above the others.
Large selections.
Lots of Love and passion in doing it.
Smiling faces and positive friendly attitutide from all employes.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Warm, sincere staff complements their great tasting gelato. Perfect combination !