“Great Venue”

Ranked #145 of 3,690 Rome B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Great Venue”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Great hotel, huge rooms, great bathroom and friendly staff.

Eating area for breakfast is very small and breakfast is average, but considering the size of the place its fine.
Position makes up for everything.
It has a lift but there are about 5 steps to maneuver before you get to the lift.
The staff are extremely helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our stay at Papavista was totally amazing - from the first minute to the last! I will recommend Papavista to all my friends!
The location couldn't been better! We are going to stay here in the summer again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed with my parents here in the summer of 2010, [TripAdvisor doesn't have an option for that :) ] and while my review is incredibly late, it is easy to see from current reviews that the Papa Vista Relais is as wonderful as it was 2+ years ago. My favourite part of the Hotel was the feeling of "living as a local" in a very un-assming building on a corner across from the Vatican steps. We arrived at Termini train station* and found our shuttle van (for an extra fee arranged by the Hotel) right away and appreciated getting dropped off at the door. Located near a subway stop (a good five minute walk) a grocery store (just around the corner) and of course the Vatican, we enjoyed staying in this part of the city. Another great aspect for us was having "adjoining rooms". The two rooms at the back of the Hotel are separated by a small hallway with a sliding door, so guests who are strangers would naturally keep their doors closed. The rooms were spacious, clean, and the electronic safe was fantastic. The bathroom was also clean, breakfast delicious and the staff simply wonderful. There are several flights of stairs to navigate, however there is a lift which is great. It is also reassuring to have a passcode for entry into the building. *I don't think the shuttle ordinarily comes to the train station (just the airport) in this case we had this feature because there was a transit strike on at the time and things were a little crazy :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chelsea, Michigan
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed in Rome several time and PapavistaRelais is the nicest B&B I have stayed at. The rooms are comfortable and well decorated and the showers are the best with Good water pressure and I never ran out of hot water which I appreciated after a long day of sightseeing in Rome.

When I looked out the window of my room I could see the entrance to the Vatican Museum. How Wonderful!!

Alexandra, Grazia, Pamela and Davie I wanted to thank you and till you how much I enjoyed staying at PapavistaRelais. Alexandra everyone in my group enjoyed the rooms and the hospitality of you and your colleagues.

Thank you for making my stay in Rome so enjoyable!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Not what I expected from the pictures. Place is older and smaller than appears in photos. The breakfast bar and front desk area is small and cramped, not at all what it seems in pictures. Wood floors, night stands, clock, bathroom wooden shelf could all use a good dusting and mopping. Bed spread faded & old. Shower very small, hard to move around in and mildew in crevices of shower. Staff person arranged to meet at 8 am next morning to help with planning an itinerary but never showed, as she said she would be working that day. Don't care to stay there again. I will say the staff in general were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Live2Ride-Ride2Live
Irving, Texas
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Let me just say this little a wonderful little Oasis in Rome.

After a very long journey which began in Dallas and had to be changed due to Hurricane Sandy, we finally made it to your wonderful little B & B on the 30th of October. From the minute we we were greeted early am on the 30th to the day we left everything was perfect.

There isn't a better location, basically at the steps of the Vatican Museum. Close proximity to anything else you would want or need...

Breakfast was just as I wished it would be. The people who worked the information desk were very helpful. Our first day we actually got into the Museum ahead of the crowds with the help of our girl at the desk.

Anything we needed help with, they were there to provide very useful information.

I will recommend PapavistaRelais to anyone planning a visit to Rome.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank weintzer
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Despite the very scruffy street entrance (a gold Star if you find it easily!) which seems to be a feature of several Italiian gems, this little B & B was just right for our last night in Rome. The room was clean, comfy and quiet, with air-con and a good bathroom (shower only) with toiletries. We did see three of the rooms and they were all nice. Breakfast was ok (we had our own Weetabix!) but having requested 2 medium-boiled eggs, we were given 2 cold hard-boiled ones from the fridge! Have come to the conclusion that no-one in Italy makes decent toast - or decent tea for that matter.When we arrived we were given a kettle and some fresh milk (on request) and teabags, plus a slice of delicious jam pastry; we later found that the pastry was complimentary, but that they charged 1 euro for each teabag!!! Lovely staff.

Room Tip: Room 505 is large with a good bathroom, but no mirror over the dressing table (TV there) and, when w...