“Money really well spent - superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Roman Candle Tours

Roman Candle Tours
Ranked #173 of 763 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Roman Candle Tours offer excellent and affordable guided tours around Rome and the Vatican City as well as Florence, Venice, Pompeii and other must see cites. All of our lively and enthusiastic staff have lived in Italy for several years and are well equipped with the knowledge and experience to reveal this fascinating nation. We are dedicated to sharing information with our guests about the rich history, mythology, legends and scandals that Italy has seen; and the amazing stories these cobbled streets and crumbled temples have to tell.
Oxford, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Money really well spent - superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Thank you, thank you for a wonderful 3 hours touring the Palatine and Colosseum. Your guide Richard hit just the right balance in guiding us around the various sites. Our 11 year old was captivated throughout and so were we 'grown ups'! Their website stress that tour parties are kept small - ours was just the 3 of us. We strongly recommend this organisation.

Brisbane, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We attended 2 tours whilst in Rome and thoroughly enjoyed them. Brian our guide was very personable & knowledgeable and it was great to experience the passion and history of Rome through his eyes.

Evanston, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

My daughter & I recently participated in three Roman Candle Tours. Each were truly OUTSTANDING!!!

Christina, our tour guide for Vatican City was extremely knowledgable. This was my 3rd time to the Vatican and Christina's tour direction was the best.

We then toured Ancient Rome and Rome by Night with Richard. He was wonderful! Although we walked every inch of Rome, his stories and knowledge of history made the tour most enjoyable.

On all three tours we thought we would be part of a small group tour. What we received were private tours. So we really were able to see, hear and do more than what we could ever expect.

Thank you Roman Candle Tours for making our time in Rome so memorable!

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience with Great Information”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Let me begin by saying that Roman Candle Tours was amazing. Our tour guide, Bryan, was so knowledgeable – our tour ended up being one of the highlights from my husband and my trip to Italy.

The process did not start out smoothly though. My husband and I originally booked our tour with Maximus Tours Rome. Just a couple days before the tour, we were told they’d cancelled it since no one else had joined. They let us know about a Roman Candle Tour that was going on – unfortunately, that communication didn’t make it to the tour guide. We had a slight issue finding our group since the guide wasn’t expecting us.

Luckily, that was the end of our trouble.

The rest of the tour was amazing. There were five of us on the tour, and we really got amazing information about Rome, the Coliseum and the ruins. Bryan was able to answer our questions and paint such a great picture for us, including using a book that showed us what the ruins used to look like. That made such a difference. I really appreciated the small size of the group – my husband and I joined a larger group later on our trip – it was not as good of an experience. I think the small group is well worth the price. I would highly recommend Roman Candle Tours.

Visited September 2012
Downunder
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Vatican tour .....plus unexpected extras!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Mia was our guide for this tour, and she immersed us into this tour with her passion, animation, and amazing knowledge. We were all gobsmacked with her story telling, and she made THE most delightful and memorable tour EVER!! Thankyou Mia! From Italy, we travelled to Greece, and there were many nights we sat around discussing the performances of tour guides.....Mia, you won hands down everytime !! ;-))
Thank you so much for being such a well organised and personable tour company. Totally appreciate the speed in which you respond to emails, and your patience with the normal dreary tourist questions;-) Quality, quality quality..., Thankyou Matthew!

Visited September 2012