Book In Advance
Tours from When In Rome Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience When In Rome Tours
from $79.80
More Info
from $98.30
More Info
1,851 results
All reviews vatican museum guide luigi great tour peter's tour art history sistine chapel and st morning tour his knowledge an excellent guide skip the line booked this tour highly recommend this tour private tour three hours tour group small group trevi fountain
Reviewed 2 days ago

This was the perfect excursion for us as we only had one day to explore Rome. We were able to see the most important parts of the Vatican in the morning, and get to Colosseum later that afternoon without rushing.
When in Rome Tours wasn't part of the big City Wonders conglomerate that you see all over the city, but a small, quality company with excellent guides. It was easy to find as we met at their office, right next to the Vatican, and we were able to sit down and wait inside for our guide vs. outside standing in the cold.
Our guide, Christina, was so upbeat and knowledgeable. She was very passionate about the subject matter and had a lot of experience so she was able to get us the best viewing spots and knew all of the important features to point out in the huge museum. It's well worth it to have a good tour guide!

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

This is coming nearly a year after our trip.... but we couldn't have asked for a better tour than with our tour guide, Luigi!

Reviewed 1 week ago

First we did St. Peter's and dome climb with Narmina. She knew quite a bit but my husband asked a few questions she didn't know the answers. I couldn't do the climb up the stairs and she took me to a place where I could get a cold drink, etc. The group came back and hooked up with me. Had a very good time. Then we had Christina for the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel. She was excellent-she knew everything and it was the highlight of the day. Just a FYI-there is a lot of walking and plenty of going up and down stairs! We did the St. Peter's first at 8:15 which I highly recommend as we got right in and of course it did get busy later in the day. Christine managed to get us through the crowds very easily. Highly recommend this tour company.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Do not sign up for the "When in Rome" full day tour. They boast that you will see all the goodies, Vatican Museum, St. Peter's, Trivoli Fountain, Colosseum, and the Forum. What they don't tell you is that you have to arrange for the transportation between all of those places yourself! How is this a full day tour? Because we were not informed that once we joined the tour (we arrived 30 minutes early) we would have to go to the next place on our own, we didn't make it on time and they refused to refund our money and also refused to let us join the next attraction. What a rip off! There are many other much more accommodating tours...choose them!

1  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Raquel was amazing, she had so much information in such a sort period of time, making it interesting! I loved how quick the tour was so I could fit it in after arriving in Rome mid afternoon. I did the 3pm tour. I did the self tour of the the following two days, when worked best for my schedule (and the rains schedule). Highly recommend!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had booked the vatican & coliseum skip the line tour, but for coliseum they just give you a ticket. When artiving at the coliseum you discover that you have to queue for at least two hours and no possibility to skip the line. When we complained we recieved a sorry for the inconvience message.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

2 in 1 Entire Vatican Tour & Terrace of Saint Peter: 8:15 AM, 2 in 1 Entire Vatican Tour & Terrace of Saint Peter in English booked through Expedia.
Great value for money Excellent guide for the Basilica - A very personal tour with Nariman a lovely knowledgeable guide explaining history and artwork of the Basilica -with lots of extra information at a relaxed pace and early entry meant avoiding huge crowds - highly recommended!
The Vatican Tour was with a larger group - this was well organised and the guide communicated well. I think more time in the actual museum to look at more of the exhibitions would have preferable it felt quite rushed and would like to have been given the opportunity to leave at a later time than the rest of the group.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This tour exceeded my expectations! My guide, Luigi, took the time to point out and explain the history of the different areas & artwork in the museums , Sistine Chapel & St. Peters. He was extremely knowledgeable and took extra care in making sure no one fell behind, and to learn everyone's name & answer any questions. I would highly recommend this tour!! My Vatican experience we really amazing!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Christina did a great job of pointing out the highlights of the Vatican Museums, St. Peter's Basilica and the Papal Tombs. Everything was so very crowded and she negotiated all those crowds with our small group so that we were able to see all of the important things that she highlighted for us. Christina knew her history her commentary kept us engaged and interested. She is from Georgia and was able to relate to the Americans, Swedes, Brits and Aussies. I would recommend her as a tour guide without reservation.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a very interesting tour. Lucia managed to guide us through the Vatican and give us a lot of interesesting details only a Roman can tell.