“One of the best hotels we have stayed at” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SuiteDreams Hotel

SuiteDreams Hotel
Ranked #67 of 1,287 Hotels in Rome
Basel, Switzerland
“One of the best hotels we have stayed at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

We stayed at the SuiteDreams hotel for two night with a young kids. The hotel is small, which adds to its charm, the rooms are big, its centrally located and very clean. The very reasonable rate included breakfast. The staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. They guided us about places to visit, distance and travel options. It was a great experience overall.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Diamond Bar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Spacious room, super helpful staff, very affordable price, awesome location, and good breakfast that was included in the price of my room.

I switched to this hotel after a horrible night at the Forum Hotel. I'm all for the old architecture of the eternal city, but I'd rather have clean modern amenities for my hotel - which is surprisingly difficult to find in Rome. Most affordable hotels in the city have a very dated/antique style with claustrophobic rooms that remind me more of moth balls or haunted mansions. And a pet peeve of mine throughout most of the hotels in Italy is the shoddy wifi. Suitedreams solves all these problems. The room is huge compared to other hotels in Rome for the same price. I even have enough space to do yoga in my room! The decor is contemporary, but still comfortable. It's easy to control the air conditioning and heat, there is a minibar with a free bottle of water every day, a full length mirror, safe, flat screen TV, comfortable chair, and lots of working space for the desk. Best of all -- free, and fast wifi that you can use on all of your devices (most other hotels just give you a single username and password that can be used for only one connection, but at Suitedreams, I have my laptop, blackberry, and ipod all connected).

The staff is super helpful. They accommodated all my needs: setting up transport in the morning to get to meetings, calling popular restaurants for dinner reservations, free printing of materials I needed for work, lending me an iron and ironing board, offering to prepare a special breakfast for me when I have to leave at 5am, and lending me utensils when I brought some groceries and wanted to eat in my room. One of the front desk staff, Francesco, is especially commendable - he is the personification of initiative. Without even asking, he seems to know the best solution or have a recommendation for whatever you need.

And if all that wasn't enough, they even have freshly baked chocolate croissants for breakfast. My stay at Suitedreams is the best experience I had in Rome for this business trip.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank VtDub
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at suitedreams and of course the city of rome is amazing I would have to say that our trip was made all the more magical by the quality and service we found at this hotel.

The staff really went the extra mile to be helpful and the rooms were clean, modern and a good size.

Getting to this hotel is a short walk from Termini Station so its easy just to jump on the train at the airport. All the main attractions are easy to get to either by a nice walk or jump on the metro or one of the buses which are all just round the corner from the hotel.

You wont regret staying here! And it was a good price to boot. If you want breakfast included make sure you book directly.

• Stayed January 2011
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

Our stay at SuiteDreams was a great experience. The staff were friendly, and very helpful - providing maps, transport guides, restaurant recommendations and other useful advice that made our stay easier. The rooms were fairly standard, but clean and spacious enough for our needs. Breakfast was nice, especially as it came free with our internet booking. The location was fantastic - an easy walk to key sights, restaurants and shopping. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

My fifth stay in the via Nazionale area, to me the most practical location for a mix of ancient Rome plus old city sightseeing, close to the train and metro that bringsnyou to the Vatican in ten minutes + a bit of shopping on the side (because you can since the hotel prices were no rip-off). There's a plenty of hotels in the area like the Suitederams, one floor of an apartment building refurbished. I think there're at least two-three others in the same building as Suitedreams in fact. What all have in common, at least based on my fife attempts there, is the fairly minimalistic design, basic but relevant breakfast and half-present staff. What Suitedreams has compared to the others is always friendly and competent staff and very pleasant design that makes you feel cosy in the rooms, almost like in a five star hotel. Rooms in other similar hotels I tried would almost make me depressed by limited space, simplicity, showers that could barely fit a half of me etc. You won't get this here. Sum up:

Main Pros
- my favourite location (walking distance to all key sights in fact)
- excellent staff
- nice, clean, pleasant rooms

Main Cons
- often loud nights which has nothing to do with the hotel but just with the proximity to via Nazionale. That's Rome though.

Next time in Rome, Suitedreams will be definitely my first choice.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sapsopan
Orange
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

SuiteDreams was perfect. Clean, comfortable rooms. Everything seemed new. Great breakfast. Short walk to the Colosseum. WiFi that you don't have to log in to every time you want to use it (that was one of our frustrations with the other hotels we stayed at). It really felt like home. The staff was amazing - they all seemed genuinely eager to help us out. We were sad when it was time to go. Can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

we stayed in suitedreams for 3 nights in December, it was great!
pleasant and helpful service, nice room, very comfortable bed, location is very good as well. good breakfast. we had a stroller so the small elevator was the downside.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family