“Lovely place”
Review of Seven Kings Relais

Seven Kings Relais
Ranked #427 of 3,712 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in march for my 30th birthday. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and spoke good English. Espressos, tea and American coffees available whenever you want. Rooms are spacious and modern. The hotel is in a block with another hotel and offices surrounding a private courtyard. When leaving the hotel in the day and night you swap your room key for the outside courtyard key so you can get back in and your room key is safe in reception. Outside the main door there is an intercom to the hotel should you need it. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Seven Kings Relais

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The room was clean and the blonde lady who looked after us checking in was hospitable. Few things though , the room was a little cold, the shower was blocked & the toilet seat was broken.

However when we returned a little before 11 o'clock, we discovered that the door where you enter to the rooms was locked and we had no key to get inside (we were only given the bedroom key). The guy who left us in the outside door (Iranian chef, I think) could not help us (he said there was normally some-one on duty 24 hours) we rang the number on the email but there was no answer.
We were banging very hard for ages on the door & shouting and eventually we woke the person who was in the room next to us, however, if he had not been there, we would have had no bed for the night, this was quite SCARY and we were VERY disappointed this happened & I hope does not happen to any-one else. There was still no one on duty when we left the next morning at 8.

We also wrote to the hotel after our return home two weeks ago but they did not reply to our email. BE CAREFUL if booking this hotel

Room Tip: Would not stay again
Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mary Ann D
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed here with my 61 year old mother for three nights in March 2014. I had chosen the hotel thanks to the reviews on here and I have to say that people's views were really accurate. Modern rooms, clean, very helpful and nice staff, no shortage of tea/coffee which they will make for you anytime and located in a nice, if a little out of the way, area.
One negative in our room was the broken toilet seat which was apparently fixed twice whilst we were there but still didn't align properly. The staff could have been forgiven for thinking that my mother and I broke it (we both have ample posteriors) - however the only way any one would have been able to sit on the sit without breaking it would be to adopt an almost impossible sideways sit - with legs supporting your weight akin to a skier in mid-piste! It's still not right - beware if you get room 203 where we were.
One more thing which is more of a warning really: if you pay for your room upfront when you book (I booked through lastminute.com) then make sure you have your receipt with you to prove this. When we went to check out, the guy on reception tried to charge me again for the room. Luckily I had my receipt to show him and he photocopied this but I don't like to think what may have occurred if I didn't have this proof on me. As a point of note, I do think that this was a genuine administrative error but am sure glad that I had my proof of purchase with me so be warned and make sure you take yours too!
Oh, and try La Romana gelato parlour a few doors away - divine, delicious and only 2 Euros!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ladybird43DW
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have just come back from 3 amazing nights in Rome with my boyfriend. The staff at the hotel could not have been any more helpful, they were such lovely people! Our room was lovely, modern and clean. Overall a fantastic trip :)

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

The Owner and staff are lovely, I got a great winter deal and if you email direct you would get even better! The location is 10 min walk from termini 5 min ftom villa borgese, I walked easily to trevi & collosiem if is a safe classy neighborhood ... Not like near termini avoid that area for walking at night !
Rooms are very modern and clean,
Internet speed was very good for me.
Would agree that walls are a little thin but I wear earplugs So no problem for me to sleep:)

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank m1n1me
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner last week. It's ideally situated for the Termini station and Trevi fountain.

Our room was modern, clean and comfortable (especially the bed) although we only had two thin pillows and had to request more.

We didn't experience any issues with noise outside. The only noise was from people talking loudly in their rooms and from the couple in the adjoining room who "tested" out the furniture at 1 am.

Staff were were exceptionally friendly and helpful, especially on arrival.

Also to note: there is a 'famous' ice cream shop only a few doors to the left when exiting the hotel, which we certainly enjoyed.

Cheap mini bar which was helpful.

Bad points:
1. TV in the room is only in Italian
2. There's no facility for food or drinks (other than getting a coffee or tea at reception). We were aware of this before arriving but bear this in mind.
3. Graffiti: When you first arrive in the area you can't help but notice the abundance of graffiti. However we very quickly realised that EVERYWHERE in Rome is covered in Graffiti so don't worry.

TIP. Avoid the Terravision bus airport transfer services at all costs. They provided incorrect information on the bus stop and they massively oversell tickets. Don't be fooled in to thinking that pre booking reserves you a seat as apparently it doesn't! On both journeys at least 30 people were left behind.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heidi J
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Our travel agent booked our family into this hotel, I read the reviews on trip advisor, they were not all good, didn't know what to expect. what a surprise, the Rooms were very clean, service was great could not fault the hotel in any way Leon at the front desk went out of his way for us, we needed to get train tickets as we didn't speak Italian and was not too sure how to go about it. He got the ticket on his way to work, not once, but twice, lovely lovey man, I would recommend this hotel to any one going to Rome.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family