“Highly recommend!”

$82.85*
Skip the Line Real Vatican Tour
Ranked #17 of 811 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Special Offer for TripAdvisor members! Enter the promotion code TRIPADVISOR-RRT on our booking page and receive a 10% discount on any of our walking tours. Real Rome Tours is a small team of local guides, licensed and experienced in giving guided tours of Rome and the Vatican in English. Although all of our guides are licensed tour guides in Rome and the Vatican, they each have our own areas of expertise. We have archaeologists, art historians, and university lecturers among our ranks, and as our reputation has grown we continue to invite similarly-qualified guides to join us. Our philosophy is simple: We believe that tours should be fun as well as informative. We also believe that our customers are best served in small groups. For this purpose, we strictly limit our semi-private tours to only 13 people. Our fees are honest and reflect the small sizes of our groups. We include ticket prices in our tour fees where tickets are applicable, and we always skip the lines. Headsets are provided so you can walk around and still hear your live guide. Our customer base and reputation have been growing steadily over the past few years, and we promise to continue to strive to deliver the perfect Rome experience for all our future guests. We hope to see you on one of our tours in 2016!
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I never thought of myself as a "tour person", as I've always enjoyed finding traveling treasures on my own....however, my trip to Rome made me a believer in the tour experience!!! Archeologists showed us the Vatican, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and the Roman Forum. Looking back, I wish I had scheduled tours for more days of my vacation (hint: Since many tours require pre-printed vouchers, schedule them before you leave home....we were limited in our ability to access a printer once we got to Rome.). Very rewarding trip with so much information to digest I am ready to go back to experience it all again!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We booked 2 tours with Real Rome Tours: 1-colosseum + forum; and Sistine-chapel Vatican.Our tour guide for the Colosseum tour was an archaeologist by profession and the one for the Vatican tour was an art historian. There extremely knowledgeable and friendly guides. We could really fault anything. Just be patient with the crowds

1  Thank davrel
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The tour was excellent. The guide had her Masters degree in Archeology and really knew her stuff. She was easy to understand and answered everyones questions before they needed to ask. I would highly recommend Real Rome Tours for any tours in Rome.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Perfect "Rome-in-a-Day" tour with Nicky. Truly passionate and knowledgeable. From 9am through 5pm when saying goodbye, we were fully engaged and interested in everything we saw and learned. Would HIGHLY recommend to anyone wanting to see the "must-sees". I would recommend doing the 3-hour driver as well, was a huge luxury and key to us making it through the entire day!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Tour was great, guide Sabrina was very knowledgable and gave us some really interesting stories and background.

There is lots to see and having a guide to whisk you through the various parts really helps.

It would be good if it was possible to remain in the museums afterwards so you can spend a little more time there as there was lots to see but we finished outside and I don't think you could get back in.