“pizza!”

Cuisines: European
Neighborhood: Testaccio
Neighborhood: Testaccio
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I definitely tried my fair share of pizza in Rome and Sicily and I still crave this pizza the most. It's a busy joint, but quite a lot of offerings of various dishes. My wife tried a number of other plates, but my favorite was, by far, the pizza by the slice. The only other place I had that measured up was Pizzarium, but I still give Volpetti Piu the edge.

There are newer reviews for Taverna Volpetti

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Have been here two times during my stay in Rome. This is by far - very far - the best place we have eaten.

A local little cafe/restaurant were you order and pay at the counter. The food is brought to you at the table. Opening hours 8,00 - 14,00 and 17,00 - 20,15, closed on sundays.

Location is in the Testaccio-area. Mostly an area for the locals. They understand English, be prepared that their answer will be in Italian. Very friendly staff.

A good variety of pizzas and other typical italian dishes.
The pizza Margerita is outstanding, the crust is a little thicker than the italian pizza, but crunchy and just excellent.

For as little as 7 euros you can have a large slice of pizza and a soft drink.

We have not had better food during our stay in Rome. The quality vs price ratio is unbeatable.

Easy to find both by bus and metro.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

One of my favorite places in Rome -- It's all freshly made and delicious -- from soup to dessert, as well as pizza/slices to go. I was staying in the neighborhood so this was my go-to place for lunch and dinner. They open at 10:30 in the morning so you can stop by and pick up a lunch to take with you. They close in the mid-afternoon and are open again at 5:30 for dinner. It's a great place for solo eating, very comfortable, and as well as for groups. People don't linger over their food, so there's always a place to set your tray down. The guys behind the counter are lovely, cheerful and helpful. It's connected to the iconic deli Volpetti, around the corner on Via Marmorata.

Reviewed February 3, 2010

First stop after checking into my hotel. Easy to find off the #3 bus at Marmorata.

Great bread, spinach pizza (no cheese), baby onions, soup, calamari. Big variety, for about 25-30 euros, two people can eat VERY well. Everything is fresh. Highly recommend, busy, popular place.

1  Thank joshua b
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Delicious and very affordable. Lots of selections from pizzas to hot food.

Been to Taverna Volpetti? Share your experiences!