“Touristy, expensive, mediocre”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This restaurant is in my neighborhood and was one of the first places I ate. I found the service slow, the food mediocre and the prices high for the quality. Many other better places to eat in this neighborhood, which is full of great restaurants, such as Da Enzo, Da Buttero, Le Mani in Pasta.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant on our way to Santa Maria in Trastevere. The waiting staff were friendly and efficient. We were seated immediately and we were quickly enveloped in the aroma of delicious food. Our mouth was watering by the time the bruschetta arrived, which was absolutely delicious in its simplicity. My spaghetti carbonara were fantastic.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

From the outside looked quite popular, couples and families. Waiter was pleasant enough, We ordered a starter for our daughter and pizza, steaks for my wife and myself . We asked if the steaks came with vegetables and potatoes, sure no problem came the reply. Her starter arrived along with the vegetables, which we had to eat to stop them going cold until our main courses arrived some 15 minutes later. Steaks were okay if a little fatty, daughter enjoyed her pizza. We had one wine, one large beer (brought opened without asking if I wanted small or large) and table water which we had to pay for! We were a little shocked when the bill arrived- we had been charged 5 euros for the small plates of potatoes and 10 euros for the tiny portion of vegetables. When we complained the bill was reduced but the waiter was very offhand. This was the same response received by two women on the next table when one of them pointed out that she was unable to eat any of her roasted artichoke because it was burnt to a crisp!

1  Thank Alan G
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This restaurant is good at both lunch and dinner - we visited it 5 or 6 times over the last 2 years. The food is very good - the pizza is about the best I have had - paper thin crispy base - with delicious choice of toppings available.... when visited last year (at lunch) Hugo (a Yugoslavian native) helpfully suggested as the pizza oven was not up to temperature to make a different choice or have a little wait.... I like this honesty... we chose to wait knowing it was worth it... and the house wine (own label bottle) is very good and most reasonable at 9 - 10 Euros. The staff are most helpful and if they do not understand you they are happy to get another member of staff to translate.... Elsa the lady was rightly proud that her desserts were home made - see the tiramisu photo Mmmmm ... we enjoyed it so much we returned for lunch the next day to share another. We were not too hungry at lunch on this day but they were very happy to split our choices so we could try different things. I like this - imagine doing this in England!!! Our bill for the evening meal with coffees, wine and desserts came to about 45 euros our lunch to around 35. Outstanding value for excellent quality fresh food... the toilets are clean but a bit of a challenge however I was here to eat !!! Give this place a try - I doubt you will be disappointed.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our first impression of this restaurant was really good- the pizza we ordered was fantastic, with fresh and interesting toppings, made in an original wooden oven (like pizza should be made).
We wanted to order dessert, and saw that the tables next to us ordered a big, home-made tiramisu.
We asked the waitress, who so far was very nice, to bring us one as well, together with two espressos, and she returned with a completely different, factory made product of a fluorescent yellow color, with a big brand name on the cup. We then asked her politely whether is was the home-made tiramisu like the table next to us- she simply answered it was the same tiramisu only they ran out of the cups like the one the next table had.
So we decided to give it a chance and ate the tiramisu anyway (it wasn't good at all, was half-frozen and did not taste fresh. I grew up in Italy and I can tell the difference), and then waited for our espresso. More than 20 minutes later, we still didn't get our coffee, despite us reminding the waitress twice very politely that we were in a bit of a hurry. Eventually we gave up and simply asked for the bill.
Our main problem was not the long wait (it is needless to say that during 20 minutes in Italy one should be able to drink at least 10 espressos), but the attitude we got from the waitress after asking about the tiramisu. Every time we tried to get the waitresses' attention, she purposefully ignored us and simply walked by our table. When she did answer us, she did not even stop but simply answered rudely "two coffees, yes yes I KNOW". When we tried to ask a different waitress, she angrily asked us "Who was your waitress up till now? SHE'LL take care of it".
Only when she brought us the bill was her reaction quick and she stopped next to our table to make sure we payed in full. This treatment was uncalled-for as we were very polite and patient.
In short, not a pleasant experience!

1  Thank Noa N

Been to Vincenzo alla Lungaretta? Share your experiences!