“Ripping off poor tourists since 1987!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Tien Tsin

Tien Tsin
Ranked #4,424 of 12,134 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Colonna
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Ripping off poor tourists since 1987!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Food- bland
Service- SLOW and not that great

We walked in because we needed an Asian food fix. Food was ok, nothing great but our issue is with the mysterious charge that appeared that appeared on our bill with no explanation. When we demanded what it was for the lady stammered and mumbled something about a 12% service charge. Fishy fishy. Something just did not feel right. The lady said they have had a service charge since 1987. Please don't join this club. You have been warned.

Florence, Italy
“Finally something else than Italian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Like many others, we felt the need to finally eat something else than Italian. This Chinese restaurant is one of few left in the centre, and it was excellent, so good that we returned a second time during our 5 day stay in Rome. The restaurant was full on Monday evening, which says a lot. Service kind, quick and effective, price very good, can only highly recommend! Try the deepfried icecream for dessert, amazing!

Midland, Texas
“Excellent food, wonderful service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Excellent food, wonderful service, great location. Highly recommended. good value. We are so glad we found this restaurant.

Visited December 2012
Seattle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OMG yes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Most of us who spend a little bit of time in Italy eventually hit "the wall". I hit it yesterday. My initial joy and childish sense of wonder at the variety of Italian food had first slipped to ambivalence and finally registered at a notch or two above active contempt. I needed to eat something that didn't end in a freaking vowel, and I needed it STAT.

Imagine my excitement when I googled "Chinese food rome" and discovered Tien Tsin within easy walking distances from the place I'd rented.

They really came through for my wife and me, hooking us up with a meal that was completely free of tomato, cheese and olive oil. The steamed dumplings hit the spot, as did the Peking duck and eggplant. The texture of the shrimp dumplings left a tiny bit to be desired, but even that couldn't take the grin off my face.

I'll definitely be going back to this little oasis in the middle of a desert of non-Italian food.

• Visited October 2012
“Only if you want chinese food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This is the place to go only if you need to eat chinese food. Food is pretty bland, not flavorful. But I guess this is about the best in chinese cuisine in Rome. The pricing is high for the kind and quality of the food you get .

2 Thank Zaia777