“Excellent”
Review of Sapori Sardi

Sapori Sardi
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Sapori Sardi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,066 of 12,871 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were very impressed with the excellent fresh food in this restaurant. There was an extensive menu to choose from. We had Fragola with mussels and clams as well as rabbit, two desserts and a glass of wine each. The waiter was very friendly and gave us great service. There were locals and other tourists in the restaurant and they are happy to split the bill. I thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Les6447

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I both had lunch here then dinner a couple of nights later. Both times we were the only tourists and the waiters were incredibly kind and patient with us and it felt like we had just walked into a family restaurant. Although we were the only tourists there was always a LOT of locals. We tried 3 different pastas and they were all incredibly fresh and tasty, our favourite was the seafood pasta. The fourth dish we got from here was a steak which wasn't as high quality as the rest of the meals we had, then again we are in Italy so stick to the more traditional italian dishes as they were all superb. When we had dinner here we bought a bottle of wine thinking I would be fine to finish between my husband and I, however, my husband had been getting over a sickness and towards the end of the meal we had to leave very quickly as the sickness decided to make a strong come back. As I was paying for the meal I told them they could give the other half of the bottle of wine to another table and explained my husband wasn't well hence the sudden rush to leave, then the waiter disappeared and after a few seconds later reappeared with a stopper for the wine bottle and insisted we took it with us to our hotel.

Overall incredibly kind, welcoming service and great authentic food!!

3  Thank Serena A
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Having just arrived in Rome, this was where we had our first lunch. And just like that we felt at home. Very welcoming hosts, Very good food and wine. What more can you ask for. We came back in the evening - and it was like being recieved by family:)
Mille Grazie!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Staying at the Hotel Principessa Isabella, they recommended this restaurant and we are glad they did. Busy, but friendly, it served some of the best meals we’ve had on our tour of Italy and France. It was like we were in the “family” when we ate there and the (I presume) owner had a wonderful sense of humour and chatted freely with his guests. Absolutely LOVED this place. Food was better than good…just perfect.

1  Thank Stuthie
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went to Sapori Sardi because of the seafood items on the menu. Without getting into details, the food was great. We usually order the specials at restaurants and were glad we did at Sapori Sardi. The seafood specials were tremendous. For what it's worth, we thought the cost for food and a bottle of wine were very reasonable considering other Rome restaurants. But..... Besides the food, the experience with the staff and the owner left us with a heart warming feeling of being cared for by people who sincerely are concerned about you. My advice is to try Sapori Sardi for the food and don't be surprised if you leave with a warm handshake with the owner.