“Alternative food in Rome” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Shibuya, Japan
“Alternative food in Rome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

A good Chinese restaurant near the Via Veneto in Rome as a change of taste, especially in August when many restaurants are closed. We had standard dishes for Chinese restaurants outside of China. Good service and good food, and relatively quiet, which is unusual for Italy or China. Price was medium to high.

Visited August 2013

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
“Buy Shares in Shell or BP then visit!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have never in my life eaten such terrible food, coupled with such bad service. The amount of oil used to cook this stuff will be keeping the UAE in business for years. If you are have eaten Chinese food before you will loath this resteraunt, if you haven't you'll give it 5 stars because you have nothing to compare it too. AVIOD!!!!!!

1 Thank Tractorstant
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Racist Owner and Worst Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family travels the world every year for our family vacation and NEVER have we been so insulted and treated so badly. We had a family of seven and were seated and ordered our food several customers came way after us and were greeted kindly by the two Chinese women and got their food before us. When the third group of people got their food we started asking for ours and they kept saying "it's coming". Well it took 50 minutes to get most of the food and mine (chicken & broccoli) never came so I told them to cancel it and ate some from my girls. The two women laughed and continued on their way. There was another couple of East Indian descent that also was not served and left annoyed. Our observance is that if you were not white you were treated differently. When I paid the bill I asked the Owner (female Asian)if she knew what the word "prejudice" meant she looked at me and smiled and said ''YES". It is a shame that after reading the reviews below that the nothing has been done because Mandarin Chinese has been around for a long time and this blatant racism continues. Well I am an attorney and I will continue to make calls and do what I can to shut this lady and her restaurant down. What a travesty to have this restaurant in a nice area. We have never experience this anywhere in the world or in United States and my three daughters were really taken back by this occurrence. Price was not an issue here as we have ate in more expensive restaurants but just the way we were treated. I would like to hear comments from other vacationers who had similar experiences so I can start a campaign to close this place down. I come from a very large diverse family that includes African Americans, White, Spanish, Italian and even Asian. The reason I include this is because this is not about one ethnic group but just one mean female Chinese owner.
The Thomas Family - Connecticut, USA 8-16-13.

2 Thank Rob T
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Chinese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've been coming to this restaurant off the Via Veneto for 40 years and the food has been consistently excellent; way back then it was the only Oriental restaurant in Rome apart from a delightful (now closed) Japanese place. Sadly the proprietor died last year (I miss seeing him opposite my table, smiling at me) but his wife carries on the tradition as does the very good Maitre D' - who speaks perfect English. Lovely steamed dumplings; hot and sour soup; all the traditionals plus a great noodle soup I've just discovered, full of prawns and pork and chicken. Try the chicken breasts with black mushrooms and bamboo shoots.

1 Thank JonathanKingOfHits
Orange County, CA
“Thank you for chineese food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

After 8 days of traveling in Italy, it was a fantastic break for our family to eat something familiar. Best Chinese food ever, no, but really good and the service was great. You cannot go wrong at this place and we were all very happy to have some spice and different flavors.

• Visited July 2013