“Cooking with Antonella!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$139.69*
and up
Home-Made Pasta Private Cooking Class and Meal in...
Ranked #25 of 81 Classes & Workshops in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ristomama is a website that opens the doors of the most beautiful Italian houses to travelers in order to give them the opportunity to cook a typical meal and then eat it with the cooking teacher, discovering an incredible world made of flavors, aromas, colors and traditions.
Reviewed March 28, 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our time with Antonella at her home outside of Florence. It had the feel of Tuscany we were looking for and Antonella is so fun to be around. She took us to the farmers market and the local market for fresh ingredients. Back at her house we made wonderful Italian dishes, but the best part was sharing stories with Antonella. One of our favorite days in in Italy!

All reviews
"amazing experience"
in 7 reviews
"tiramisu"
in 6 reviews
"cooking class in florence"
in 3 reviews
"techniques"
"dimora"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed March 20, 2017

Our Ristomama cooking class was one of the highlights of our trip to Italy.

My girlfriend and I recently spent a week traveling through Italy, and decided that one of the main things that we wanted to do while there was take a cooking class. Going through Ristomama was the best things we could have done. There are many options, some of which we saw first-hand, for large group cooking classes, but it would be impossible to replicate the intimate, authentic, and memorable class we had with Paola.

Coordinating with Ristomama was incredibly seamless, and Paola welcomed us warmly into her home. We spent several hours learning from and cooking with her, followed by our delicious home-cooked Italian meal.

Reviewed March 19, 2017

My husband and I love cooking and eating - especially Italian food! I decided to get this cooking lesson as a surprise for my husband and it was the best decision of our holiday! Not only did we learn about Italian cooking in general, as well as the specific dishes that we cooked. But we also had lovely company for the evening! Fiora, her husband and children were very welcoming and generous! At the end of the evening we felt like we were visiting old friends! The food we had, spaghetti with clams, fish and ice cream were all delicious!
Thank you Fiora for the lovely food, wine and perfect evening!

Reviewed February 14, 2017

On a recent trip to Rome, I took time out from the art and antiquities to spend a morning with Paola. And what a treat it was! She led me through the maze of streets in and around the Campo di Fiori where we shopped for bread, meat, cheese and vegetables, while she introduced me to local places of interest and gave me a brief history of the area. On our return to her lovely apartment we prepared a three course southern Italian lunch, working at a leisurely pace while chatting about food among a variety of topics. The lunch itself was delicious, and the whole experience very satisfying for me, as someone who has a keen interest in food, loves to cook, and is an English speaker learning Italian. Paola is an excellent teacher - clear, organised, interesting, relaxed and patient. This experience was chosen for me as a birthday gift by my daughter, and an excellent choice it was. Thank you daughter, e grazie mille Paola!

Date of experience: February 2017
Ristomama, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Ristomama Cooking Classes, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2017

Dear eoinotuama,
thanks for sharing your Ristomama experience, we are really glad you enjoyed your birthday present!
We think that taking a break from the art and the antiquities to spend some time living as a local is a great way to understand Rome, we are happy you agree with us. Reading that Paola is a great teacher, and that the lunch was delicious means a lot to us: this experience is made for people like you, who has an interest in food and who likes to chat about food and other topics! We love to know that the whole experience was very satisfying for you!
Grazie e auguri!

Giulia | Ristomama Team

See more reviews
Reviewed February 8, 2017

Paola's apartment is located near the Pantheon and there is a beautiful view from her apartment window. My sister and I went to learn how to make pasta all'amatriciana, salti in bocca and tiramisu. My sister is not an experienced cook and Paola was very patient and took us through every step. My sister also does not drink coffee so we made a traditional tiramisu as well as a modified version with fruits. Paola was extremely welcoming, generous and we felt right at home very quickly. She invited her friends and husband to eat the dinner we prepared with us and we had a great time. The meal was delicious! Paola also generously shared her bread, cheese, and wine while we cooked. We will definitely visit Paola again the next time we are in Rome to learn more dishes.

Date of experience: December 2016