“Very Deceiving!”

Neighborhood: Trastevere
Houston, Texas
“Very Deceiving!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We walked around for awhile in the area near our hotel looking for a quaint and unique dining experience. We stumbled upon this place that had cool old comic strip decor on the walls. We both like quirky design, so we decided to come back for a meal later that evening. We were greeted by a young man who spoke English and was very confident with his menu suggestions. We took him up on his suggestions and both left the restaurant feeling full, but disappointed.
I really didn't care for the bacon fat that they chopped up and threw into my firmer than al dente pasta. My husband liked his Oxtail Ragu ok, but said it wasn't great.

$60 Euro later, it wasn't bad or good, just not great.

• Visited January 2013

Barcelona, Spain
“Poor choice”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My bill came to 26 euro for 2 courses, a glass of wine, and a bottle of water. The outdoor seating was right beside a busy road (viale Trastevere, the main avenue). I wouldn't have minded the cost, but the sauce for my main course pasta, supposedly cacio e pepe, was just coarse pepper and an unidentifiable grey sauce. My appetizer was okay, but then how can you go wrong with cured meat, arugula without any dressing, and shaved Parmesan.
If you go inward on via dei Fratte (which becomes via Luciano Manara), you will find several restaurants which look more charming, seem to have 30% lower prices, and where your tables face pedestrian lanes, not trams and speeding motorcycles.

• Visited November 2012
Toronto, Canada
“A Very Delicious Dinner”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a great dinner at this restaurant in Trastevere. It was recommended to us by the owner of our b&b. It was a really good price for a really good meal. My boyfriend had the lasagna (slightly less meaty and hearty than how we eat it in Canada), and i had a pasta with tomato sauce, cheese and bacon. They were both delicious.

• Visited September 2012
New Jersey
“A Great Find in Trastevere”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stumbled on this delightful restaurant while walking around Trastevere one day. Our dinner was so good- I had Veal with Lemon and my wife had a Buccatini dish- we came back 2 nights later. The food was much better than several other places we ate in Rome. The staff were quite friendly and helpful, even on our first visit. My wife thought the Spinach side dish was the best she ever had, and the Roasted Rosemary Potatoes were incredible.
We came to Rome with a list of possible restaurants from friends and web site suggestions, but of everyplace we tried, this was the best,

• Visited September 2012
uk
“Very so so.”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

It's an OK restaurant but I'd go elsewhere in Trastevere (up one of the side streets well away from the main road - if you want t eat where the Italians eat). Avoid the Saltimbocca served here. It is rubbish. Also, several of the options on the menu are not actually available and the waitress who served us made us feel awkward for asking for things that were listed on the menu but were not available. In fairness there was generally efficient service, if a little curt and surly. Pasta dishes were not bad. Overall the food quality was average and the prices above average - although the price was not totally crazy. In short this was not one of our favourite dining experiences.

Visited August 2012