“A Great Find in Trastevere”
Review of Osteria Pucci

Osteria Pucci
Ranked #4,006 of 12,875 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stumbled on this delightful restaurant while walking around Trastevere one day. Our dinner was so good- I had Veal with Lemon and my wife had a Buccatini dish- we came back 2 nights later. The food was much better than several other places we ate in Rome. The staff were quite friendly and helpful, even on our first visit. My wife thought the Spinach side dish was the best she ever had, and the Roasted Rosemary Potatoes were incredible.
We came to Rome with a list of possible restaurants from friends and web site suggestions, but of everyplace we tried, this was the best,

Reviewed August 23, 2012

It's an OK restaurant but I'd go elsewhere in Trastevere (up one of the side streets well away from the main road - if you want t eat where the Italians eat). Avoid the Saltimbocca served here. It is rubbish. Also, several of the options on the menu are not actually available and the waitress who served us made us feel awkward for asking for things that were listed on the menu but were not available. In fairness there was generally efficient service, if a little curt and surly. Pasta dishes were not bad. Overall the food quality was average and the prices above average - although the price was not totally crazy. In short this was not one of our favourite dining experiences.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Unfortunately, we found Osteria Pucci on our last night in Rome so we ate only one time..
The food was very good..
Also service, good prices... a nice meal in Trastevere!!!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We had lunch here in June. We sat on the patio, and the service was friendly and efficient. The mixed review is on the food. I ordered the meatballs, and I must say that they were, without a doubt, the best Italian meatballs I have ever had! In fact, I later had to Google recipes for Roman meatballs, so I might be able to duplicate them at home. However, the side dish of broccoli with garlic and red pepper was mediocre, at best. While it was tasty, I'm pretty sure the broccoli had been frozen (why not fresh at this time of year(?)), and it was cooked almost to mush. My husband had lamb (not chops - chewy pieces)...nothing special. I think if I ever go back, I'll stick to meatballs. ;-)

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I recently ate at Osteria Pucci with a group of about ten friends. We're all American college students studying abroad (on a budget), and the restaurant staff was so welcoming and friendly! Not only did we have a fun evening, but the food was great and we were even served a complimentary appetizer free of charge. I've spent a lot of time travelling in Italy, so I can say that this was a great dinner experience for the price.

Osteria Pucci is definitely worth an evening trip to the Trastevere neighborhood of Rome! Get ready for a great meal from staff who are particularly friendly to Americans of any age!!

Been to Osteria Pucci? Share your experiences!