“Superb meal”
Review of Matermatuta

Matermatuta
Reserve with
Matermatuta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #221 of 13,326 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monti
Description: 42 Seats divided into 2 rooms furnished in 70's glam style.Mediterranean cousine, especially fish, with selected and strictly seasonal products, it does not fail to wink to the traditional Roman dishes.The wine list is constantly evolving, careful to offer Italian excellence in the right quality / price ratio.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had our anniversary dinner here last week. Superb service, the food was upscale and very good. Do be warned, the seafood platter is huge, and will contain prawns with the heads on, but they were really tasty! Wine knowledge was some the best I have ever experienced. Try the homemade gelatos in the frozen fruits, it was one of the best finishes to a meal I have ever had.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,481)

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Staying at a hotel on the Via Nazionale we wanted to dine somewhere close by and TripAdvisor came up trumps with this one. It's somewhere you're unlikely to stumble upon by accident even though it's close to a main street. We arrived slightly early before it officially opened but were greeted warmly and offered a glass of Prosecco whilst we perused the menu at leisure. This typified the very friendly service throughout our meal. The other stand out factors for this establishment are the diversely decorated/styled range of rooms and alcoves that you can choose to sit in, and most importantly the quality of the food. I tried the sea bass and shrimp ravioli, which was very nice and authentic. All the dishes were well presented and I would be happy to go back again if only for the creme brûlée with liquorice.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had the best meal I have ever eaten at this restaurant. The food was divine but what made it was the fantastically warm and welcoming people there. I'm vegetarian and it exceeded in all ways, by far, meals I've had at some very nice vegetarian restaurants in cities all around the world. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great little quiet restaurant after a hard day of walking Rome. Rome can be very loud and this was a nice escape. Within walking distance from our Hotel Artemide. Nice selection to choose from and very friendly staff with a Modern Decor.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We found this intimate restaurant on Trip Advisor and were delighted with the decor, service and fantastic food. We split a carpaccio appetizer that was wonderful. My husband had the seabass and I had the spaghetti with lobster, accompanied by a bottle of pinot bianco. Both dishes were beautifully presented and delicious. For dessert, we split a licorice creme brule that was out of this world! After a day of sightseeing Rome, you deserve this.

Been to Matermatuta? Share your experiences!