“You'll be dreaming about these after you're gone”
Review of Mondo Arancina

Mondo Arancina
Ranked #860 of 12,271 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast Food, Gastropub
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Prati
Rochester, New York
“You'll be dreaming about these after you're gone”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had lunch here one day on our recent trip to Italy and we loved it. We heard about this place in the Lonely Planet guide book and it sounded really good, and we were not disappointed. It was very busy at lunch time, but that's a good sign, and most of the people there seemed like locals (another good sign.) I tried to eat three arancine because they were so good, but couldn't quite manage it. The traditional with ragu was my favorite. They also do pizza and panini but really, you're here for the aranncine, aren't you? The Prati neighborhood is also really cool for walking around and checking out, sort of off the tourist path. Something I should mention about this place is that I accidentally overpaid because the guy at the till thought I asked for five arancine when I actually ordered three (somehow I didn't notice, because the place was a bit noisy) so when I took my receipt to the counter the guy said 'ok, cinque arancine?' and when I explained that I only wanted three, he went over to the till and gave me my money back for the amount I had overpaid, which was very nice considering how busy they were!

• Visited October 2012

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Roma
“Sicilia!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

maybe one of the best ice cream of Rome, and do not forget the great cannoli alla ricotta, made just in time. Very recommended

• Visited September 2012
“I have a craving!!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Amazing deep fried rice ball things...... stopped here a few times when I wasn't looking for a whole meal. Delicious finger food!

• Visited October 2012
Perth, Australia
“Amazing Arancini!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stopped for lunch after visiting St Peters. Very busy little place, order over the counter, pay and then take food away or find a stop at the little bar counters if you can find a space. Tried the arancini stuffed with mozzarella and prosciutto and another with courgette, aubergine and tomato - both amazing! Also tried some pizza which was gorgeous. Lunch for 2 including a drink each was 15 euro - bargain! And filled with locals - definitely worth finding and wish I could have tried more!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Chino1
Palo Alto, California, United States
“Very good Sicilian specialties for a quick bite”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Very good place to go for some quick Sicilian specialties. Sicialian pizza (buy by weight), arancino and calzones are very good and reasonably priced. I had

Arancino Ragu - fried rice ball with ragu and peas - very good taste, a bit heavier than I was looking for

Calzone with Mozzarella and Spinach - very good and the crust was great

There are a few counters and stools to sit down to quickly eat and some people just stand by the counter. Not a "sit down and be served" type of place but we weren't looking for that.

• Visited September 2012