1,375 results
All reviews converted convent via garibaldi beautiful hotel peaceful courtyard trastevere district ponte sisto bridge rooftop terrace executive room bars and restaurants loved this hotel main sites pastries on foot trip to rome trevi fountain nuns church
Selected filters
Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

As noted in the title, the location just outside the center chaos provides a quiet rest but still remains walkable to most everything. The beautiful building, peaceful courtyard, and great hidden restaurant in the basement give you plenty of reasons to just stay and rest if you'd like. Plus, being just across the river gives you an easier ability to explore Rome beyond the standard tourist points.

It was our first trip to Rome and was delighted with our choice of place to stay.

Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

I booked a standard room using credit card points and we were upgraded to a suite upon arrival. The fact that we were upgraded and didn’t actually spend any real money on our stay helped make it a four star rating. The amenities we really enjoyed were the daily breakfast bar, the courtyard, the quality of our room and the charm of the building. The location was the number one perk of our stay. We loved having dinner in Trastevere most nights and we could walk to see most of the major historical sites.

The main issue we had during our stay was lack of transparency about the fee for having the front desk order us a cab. I believe we ordered about 5 cabs during our stay. It was impossible for us to get a cab on our own near the hotel and in a timely fashion so we relied on the front desk staff who seemed happy to help. When I checked out they charged me a €60 fee just for them calling cabs which took about 2 minutes max each time!! This was on top of the money we’d already paid the cab drivers after each ride. One should not have to pay just to have a cab sent to the hotel. At the very least, the hotel needs to tell the customer this when they order the cab. I was very disappointed that this happened and it really put a negative memory on what could have been a near perfect stay.

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank Shujess22
voihotelsITA, Direttore at VOI Donna Camilla Savelli Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Dear Shujess,

thank you for your nice comment and I'm very pleased you spent a good days with us.
About the 60€ charged for taxi, I invite you to check again your receipt because probably the voice is "city accomodation tax" that does not mean "taxi". The City Hall of Rome takes 6€ per person per night for local accomodation tax. And we have to charge the amount on the client's bill like all the hotels here. We can't charge nothing for taxi because we do not have the license for that.
I hope I was able to explain the issue and I stay at your disposal.

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

Donna Camilla was a very romantic option on the quiet side of Rome In Trastevere. This hotel is a converted convent and you can feel the history in the hall ways as you maze yourself through. My room was easiest accessed through an outside alley way! At first I felt abandoned to the back like a naughty nun! But it truly was the easiest way to the room! All part of the charm and well worth it! I had a lovely, well serviced dinner in the hotel, I never made it to the terrace rooftop bar-because it was very chilly and drizzling the few days I was in town, but I can only imagine it would be a wonderful place to enjoy the view with a cocktail. Hotel service were kind, knowledgeable and attentive-I would be happy to return!

Trip type: Traveled solo
voihotelsITA, Direttore at VOI Donna Camilla Savelli Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Dear Angie,
thank you for your nice comment. We are very pleased you spent a nice stay with us.
Yes, the weather was not so good but from our beautiful terrace you can really "live" the Eternal City.
Hoping to welcome you again very soon please accept my Best Regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

This is a nice hotel walking distance from some good shops, but the rooms are tiny and you have to go through a long maze to find your room. All in all though, it was priced too high for what you are getting

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
voihotelsITA, Direttore at VOI Donna Camilla Savelli Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2019

Dear Guest Afsoon,
thank you for your comment. Yes, the hotel is walking distance from all the most important monuments of Rome.
The rooms are now the ancient cells of the sisters. Probably you can undestand the unique soul of this hotel-museum. The building is big and of course being an ancient convent there are long corridors inside. My suggestion, before to choice this kind of hotel, is to check very well the web site just to have the real impression about that and also enjoy the unique experience you can do in Rome.

Reviewed May 7, 2019

Boy oh boy. Dusty rooms. Poor sound insulation. Decor from twenty years ago. Hapless service. The Donna Camilla Savelli really won't rank high in the firmament of choice hotels in Rome. And it's expensive. As in: very expensive. Forget this place, and book yourself into one of the many alternatives offering far better value for money. And comfort.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Guest Ernestoteles,
thank you for your comment.
I'm very sad to read your impressions you had here. Sorry about "dusty room".
Yes, there are many alternatives in Rome more modern and more confortable. It is depends on which kind of experirence you want to do in Rome.
Just for you information, the convent has been rennovated 10 years ago and for this reason does not have a decor dated 20 years ago.