We stayed as a young married couple in September 2012 for a long weekend break.
Giovanni is wonderful and made our stay fantastic. Couldn't do enough to help. Met us outside when we got lost. Drew a map with nice places to visit. Booked our return taxi and left a phone for us if we needed anything at all. Can't say enough good things about this lovely man.
Large spacious room with ample storage.
Decor authentic and felt as though we were staying in someones home rather than an impersonal hotel - Depends what you prefer. We liked the 'home from home' feel.
Rita - housekeeper - made our beds and cleaned every day. A lovely lady.
Felt very safe both in the area and in the b&b (felt fine to leave jewellery about etc...)
Kitchen always open for juice, coffee etc and breakfast simple and pleasant.
Location, location, location... fanatastic - walking distance to everything! Giovanni recommended a lovely walk across the bridge to the piazzo navona where we found lots of lovely bars and restaurants - highly recommended. Borgo Pio on the neighbouring road was lovely also for drinks.
Shared bathroom. Although we thought we'd give this a go it was not ideal for us as had to wait for the shower to be free. If we stayed again which we definitely would we'd book the room with the bathroom.
Thin walls. This wouldn't have been a problem if all the other guests hadnt been the worst snorers Id ever heard....
General maintenance. A lick of paint and some general repairs (holes in the curtains, shower not attached to wall etc...) would have made a huge difference.
As there was such a lot of space in the room a small table and chairs would have been nice to drink our morning coffee on rather than having to hover in the kitchen. We found ourselves sat on our bed eating breakfast and having drinks before we went out in the evening which wasnt ideal. There's a lovely terrace outside also which would have benefitted from a table and chairs. Such small things would have massively improved our stay.
Other than that we'd recommend the I Tre Pupazzi to all guests. We had a lovely romantic weekend away and will return. Thank you for your hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming Bed and Breakfast, few steps from San Peter's Square, near Vatican Museums,Castel Sant'Angelo, restaurants and and shopping areas situated in a small old area called Borgo Pio, you will feel to live in a small town in the centre of a big city. Two of the four rooms have private bathroom while the others rooms share the large bathroom. All of them have large windows and are very spacious, quite and clean.Every rooms have the tea Kettle. Shared Kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your B&B I Tre Pupazzi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast i Tre Pupazzi
- b&b i Tre Pupazzi Hotel Rome