“Fantastic Money Saver”
Review of Hotel Opera Roma

Hotel Opera Roma
Ranked #470 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We loved the Hotel Opera Roma. We have stayed in Rome before in a room that cost twice as much. This room is large, with a balcony and large bath. I am very picky and very clean. It may not be as elegant as the place I stayed last year but.....I love to save $$$ when the place is very nice. Staff is excellent. Breakfast is very adequate. Not as fancy as the "other" place but then again not as expensive. I had two cups of Cappucino, ham and cheese, wonderful yogurt, and rolls. They had many more items.
Location: the best. Having the main Termini station within walking distance was great. They have buses, trains and Metro stations. We took Metro A to St. Peters Bascilia. Termini takes you were ever you want to go... We took an express bus to Termini for 4 Euros and we will be going to the port soon on the express train from Termini that cost 9 Euros. We also found a great Chinese restaurant just around the corner past the Opera House on the way to Termini.

Service: Fantastic > Help with the suitcase, explanation of all items in room. Computer (in lobby) > they even printed a document I needed. There is a girl in the breakfast room that is very nice. I asked for 5 pillows and wanted them hard and we were granted our request.

In summery, if you like to pay for luxery, this is not the place for you. If you like very nice at a savings....this is your hotel in the best location in Rome

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank liveoak_traveler

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had originally made reservations at Hotel Sonya in Rome, based on recommendations by Rick Steves in his books. When I arrived to check in , I got shuttled off to Hotel Opera Roma, which they described as a "newer hotel". I have to say that this move really annoyed me. I specifically made reservations to stay at Hotel Sonya. This move has left me with a poorer impression of these hotels. Having a single room reservation, I was originally put in a very small room with the only window opening onto a shaft containing pipes! I did return to the desk, and ask to be moved to another room. To their credit, the staff was very helpful. I then ended up in a room with a single bed, and floor space averaging about 2 feet wide and 6 feet long (room 205). Since I was traveling alone it was fine. But having traveled in Europe, and being used to small rooms, this was extreme, especially for the price I was paying to stay there. The window did overlook a courtyard, with a lovely view.

The staff were all helpful and courteous. Breakfasts were lavish, compared to most places I have stayed in Italy. Rita, who worked in the breakfast room was fun and helpful. And the decor was really lovely everywhere in the hotel, except for the check in room. Very sparse. There were 2 computers there for use by guests, but there were low lounge chairs to sit it to use them, putting the level of the table at about neck height. Not really ergonomically correct.

It was in a great location, withing walking distance to the Termini and Via Nazionalione, home to numerous bus stops. This was a great feature. And the free WiFi was great.

Overall, I was not happy with being shuttled to this hotel after booking at the Hotel Sonya. The hotel was lovely, convenient with helpful staff. For me, it just did not have that "heart and soul" that I have experienced at other hotels. It felt a little cold and official to me. But that's just a personal feeling and observation. It was OK, but would not stay here again. Wish I could give it a 3.5!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights oct 2012 and would recommend this hotel to anyone the room was clean and comfortable , the staff very helpful. It was 5 - 7 mins from Termini and 15 to 20 mins from coluseum and the same for Spanish Steps and Tevi fountain, it is a bit longer to the Vatican but a lovely walk its also close to two metro stations and plenty buses if you dont fancy the walk .

Terry & Lorna collins

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had booked a room at Hotel Sonya, and was transferred to Hotel Opera Roma. I was initially cautious about this, but it worked out very well. Our room was clean and the bathroom renovated. All the personnel treated us well. The hotel's location was convenient. I would be happy to stay there in the future

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Centrally located, a moderate walk to the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps and an upscale shopping area. It is across the street from the Opera House which means extra street noise if your room faces that direction. It is a bit hard to find.

Our room was large, well apointed, comfortable and clean. The windows opened for fresh air. Good WiFi service and a flat screen TV. The bathroom was spotless, large and well lit. The expanded continental breakfast was quite good.

Staff was helpful and attentive. Given some other hotel prices in Rome, this is definitely worth
any slight inconvenience.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2012

-Near Roma Termini (and close to two metro stations)
-Rooms are clean
-Breakfast is simple but yummy
-Staff is extremely helpful

Nothing fancy, but it's perfect for a weekend getaway in Rome.
There are a couple of little restaurants near the hotel, which is convenient.
If you love to walk, its walking distance to Trevi Fountain/Pantheon/Piazza Navona (but I think bus #70 is available from Via Nazionale if you prefer)

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Pick a suite on a high floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here after a week on the Amalfi coast. Although the rooms were quite compact the attentiveness of the staff made our stay wonderful. we were also treated to a nice wee rendition of nessun dorma one evening from the operatic reversals taking place.next door.

• Stayed: September 2012