“Our local pizza joint”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Is Ai Marmi, in the heart of Trastevere. aka Obitorio because it is packed with white marble tables - and people, the 6 nights it's open. We live only a block away, and we either take out or eat there often. Really good thin crust pizza! Very fast service. Many outdoor tables for people watching. No reservations! Delicious!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,902)

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The pizza was delicious, probably the best pizza I've ever tasted in all of Rome. We were really hungry and picked the first pizzeria in sight. Fortunately, we picked this restaurant. It took us a while for our food to arrive, but it was worth waiting for one margarita pizza and vegetarian pizza. The waiters were very ignorant and hardly acknowledged us when we tried to reach them. Overall it had great food, but terrible service.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Excellent pizza, the best I have ever had. Very thin crust, with the perfect amount of tomato sauce and cheese. They offer a wide range of pizzas and many local specialties. We fell in love with suppli al telefono, Fagioli and just about every desert we could get...and pizza of course. Pizzeria ai Marmi opens around 7 and by 8 there is a line up as it appears to be a favorite hangout for many locals. Do not expect fancy service, it is a pretty simple pizzeria. By the way the tables, inside the restaurant anyway, have marble tops. Hence the name - Pizzeria Ai Marmi

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is one of the best places to eat pizza in the centre of Rome. It's maybe ten mins walk from Largo Argentina, over the river into Trastevere. Be warned that the queue is usually long and there's no air-conditioning inside, which makes it a very tough place to eat in the summer (as everyone is hanging on for an outside seat). However, the pizzas are very good, the antipasti are perfectly acceptable and it's good value. The crowd is a mix of locals and tourists and the waiting staff tend to be a little brusque; functional and efficient but brusque. Well worth a visit for the pizzas.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I came here one night at the suggestion of an Italian friend. After a little wait in line to get seated she, another friend, and I ended up sitting at a table next to the counter where they prepare the wood-fired pizzas. Let me just tell you, it was quite a sight to see the production of the pizzas. There were times that we barely talked as we waited for ours to come out because we were mesmerized by volume and speed of how they put together so many pizzas at once as they would go in and out of the oven. When we finally did receive ours, not completely at the same time since I think one was mistakenly given to another table and it's understandable considering how busy this place gets, we certainly were not disappointed. It has been one of the best pizzas I've tried since moving here 6 months ago. Even though it is located in a more touristy area of the city, I think it is enjoyed equally by many locals, including my friend who recommended it. I will certainly go back again and I've recommended it to others while I was working in another high-volume tourist establishment.