TripAdvisor

from $37.96
More Info
from $270.58
More Info
All reviews day trip walking tour natural beauty human bones fantastic guide wealth of knowledge roman history highly recommend this tour ancient times informative tour few hours amazing tour visiting rome spanish steps michele ponza ferry
Selected filters
Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

Amazing! Hands down one of the most memorable days of my life! Michele was fantastic! My husband and I felt like we were hanging out with a good friend who was showing us his favourite spot! Perfect trip for families or couples — can’t say enough about this 10 out of 10 experience!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 6, 2019

Ponza was the perfect day trip from a too hot Rome. For the kids, it was also a welcome break from sight seeing ruins and old world sights. Highly recommend! A tour guide could not be more friendly than Michele. He was a prompt communicator and in person. He did everything in his power to meet our group's needs, we had 5 adults and 5 kids from ages 8-14. There may be some things out of his control such as boat you get and how long you spend at each stop. We are a critical group and I am 100% sure that Michele will go to great lengths to advocate for the group he is hosting. From the ride from Rome, to the Ferry, to the boat excursion. Michele is honest and a gentleman. He is professional and courteous. Thank you Michele for a special and memorable day! Ponza was the highlight of our 5 day stay in Rome.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank Asco2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019

My family and I wanted to have a day outside the Roman city, and wanted some fun in the sun. We had the absolute pleasure to take the day trip to Ponza with Itertours. A well organized, detailed oriented day! The experience from the moment Michele met us at our meeting point was nothing short from the very best. Michele made sure our drive to Anzio was comfortable, the ferry ride to Ponza was arranged, and the highlight of the day, the six hour cruising with swimming, diving and eating around Ponza and Palmarola was an experience we would want to write home about! The setting was something out of paradise, and the waters were cool, and refreshing. The kids also enjoyed jumping off the side of the boat, and being adventurous. Both adults and kids alike enjoyed the onboard lunch of Pasta. After our wonderful day, we again did not have to think about a thing as Michele took care of everything for us. Michele is knowledgeable, gave us fun facts and info throughout the day and made great conversation with us. Should I find myself in Rome again, I will without a doubt book Itertours, and Michele with confidence knowing I am getting the best of the best! Thank you again for one of our Top Ten Family Days EVER!

1  Thank 56ginan
Reviewed August 25, 2019

We did the Ponza day trip and the crypt/catacombs with Mike/Michele and they were both fantastic experiences and highlights of our trip! Mike is a very knowledgeable and engaging tour guide and has a strong talent for balancing information and entertainment while keeping even the younger ones tuned in. Book and you won’t regret!

1  Thank Q4909UVadamm
Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

Me and my wife went on the English language criminal tour with Fiona. The tour was highly enjoyable. We were able to see parts of Rome that we would not have discovered otherwise. The often grisly stories were captivating and, as told by Fiona, far more interesting to listen to than the other standard audioguides or big group tours we have experienced this far in Rome. The tour offers an interesting look into several different time periods, both ancient and modern. In addition to the tour content, our guide was very knowledgeable about the city in general, very fun to chat with, and very willing to answer our questions. An enjoyable experience all around.

1  Thank Sbabich246