“Tourist - Restaurant. Durty and always under pressure”

Ambasciata di Capri
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Ambasciata di Capri is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,681 of 12,682 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Prati
Description: The restaurant is divided into 3 areas, a room with 40 seats, 2 VIP rooms with 120 seats with murals depicting the town hall square and give the impression to the customers that they are in Capri All types of credit cards and restaurant tickets are accepted Free Wi-Fi available From April to November, the restaurant is open from 12.00 until 23.00; from November to April from 12.00 until 15.30 and from 18.30 until 23.00
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was there with my wife because i find it here. For us food is standard or below and price is high. They added 5€ for services!? Service was not unfriendly but '...take your time...' And he came back every minute. Daughter of the chief without any smile on the face... Location is old fashioned. Tablecloth dirty. One time is enough.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

the food is very good but the service is very slow and un-professional i will never take in consideration on going there again, also because in the area there are better restaurants

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I went to this restaurant on our last night before returning to the UK from Rome, and can I say we are glad we did. Talk about saving the best for last. Now as we were in the tourist capital and on holiday for our anniversary we felt that we had to try a new place to eat each night. We had some OK meals and some outright dodgy meals but none of them stood out as much as this restaurant. So much so that my husband has been on my case forever to write this review.

I'll summarise: Attentive staff, ice on demand, just ask (you have to do that in Italian restaurants we discovered, ask for ice?!), ask for bread and they give you like it's a bottomless coke you just paid for AND FOR FREE. We had fried calamari to start which was amazeballs, not too greasy and just enough for two to feel satisfied, it came with a marinara sauce not the usual tartare. The sauce was so good and there was enough to dip our never ending bread in. Oh the bread before I forget, so good you can eat it plain forever.

The hubby had a bog standard spaghetti and meatballs as he had been weary of what to get due to previous experiences that we had had so far. How pleasantly surprised he was when his meal arrived, hot and full of meatballs, just enough sauce to coat each spaghetti string. The meatballs he claimed were one of the best, this I guess may be due to the seasoning being very subtle to let the meat and the sauce shine through (my husband had had an issue with the sauces in Rome tasting just like raw tomatoes, this was not the case here) and there being not just mince but on my guess possible sausage meat in the mix also.

My seafood linguine was an experience, they were not shy on the foodstuff and I had generous portions of an array of seafood including prawns/shrimp. The sauce was meaty but complimented the seafood and the pasta was not too chewy, like I feared being in Italy and all, but just right. We were so stuffed we didn't even get to try the dessert menu, but one can only imagine that would have capped off the evening wonderfully.

My husband was soo pleased with the service and food that when he asked for a card so he could recommend the restaurant, they gave him TWO POSTCARDS as well as their business cards!lol.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

What can you say about great service and terrific food. The Lasagna and Egg plant were wonderful as were the seafood dishes. A place to go back to.

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Small restaurant which was just around corner from our hotel. Best mussels I've ever had and superb service. Also had ravioli which was delicious. Lovely interior. Other diners were locals. Definitely worth a visit.