“Waste of one of only 3 nights in Rome”
Review of Al Viminale

Al Viminale
Ranked #2,033 of 12,594 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monti
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I'm not usually moved to write a review however after 8hrs of walking we followed the reviews for local restaurants and ended up here. I had high hopes but on arrival my gut instinct said don't go in, but I thought that so many good reviews couldn't be wrong. Well I wish we hadn't gone in. The food was very average, our main course of lasagne was cold and we had to send it back. No mood lighting and an uncomfortable setting. Couldnt wait to get out and go home. Didnt even stay for dessert or coffee. It sadly wasted 1 of our only 3 very precious nights in Rome :-(

There are newer reviews for Al Viminale

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We dined here several times since it was close to our hotel Caravaggio! A family run business and they offer very good food for the price! I ordered the seafood pasta which was small clams tossed with spaghetti and garlic and olive oil! And the homemade tiramisu was yummy too!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We went here for dinner on our second to last night in Rome based on the reviews, but I wish we hadn't. My husband ordered steak and salad but they brought him chips, and I had lasagne, which was not very nice at all-tasted like it had been cooked before and just reheated. We also felt like we were being rushed to finish, even though it wasn't busy at all. Needless to say, we wouldn't go again.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

we had a meal here one evening when we just happened to pass by - it was delicious- I had the pasta and it was fabulous. We would have gone again if we had been in Rome for longer !

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We enjoyed the Italian fare here so much that we returned a second night on our short 3 day stay in Rome. The prices were very reasonable and the person who served us was pleasant and helpful and spoke English. We chose the 16 Euro set menu and although the choice was very limited it was great value. We particularly enjoyed the pasta.The local clientele seemed to be regulars, always a good sign.