“Little Piece of Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Abruzzi

Abruzzi
Ranked #1,494 of 12,044 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Trevi
smalltown
“Little Piece of Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The restaurant is tiny, but terrific. Our family of 4 dined here on our first day in Rome and we weren't disappointed. A little note though---know what you want to order after looking at the menu. Our waiter was overworked with patrons and was a tad impatient with indecision. The carbonara was outstanding, but the veal was over the moon.

• Visited October 2012

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Stavanger, Norway
“Do not go anywhere else around Piazza Venezia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

If you are close to Piazza Venezia you are in the threat of the jaws of turistic alligators. Trust me, the Abruzzi will provide you a good meal of a typical Roman Trattoria. It is at the bottom of the Piazza xii Apostoli. They have a nice menu, last tuesday I had wonderful sole e.g. Many typical Roman dishes, why not the involtini? Very good antipasti.

Visited October 2012
Markham, Canada
“My wife and I agree that this was the MOST delicious meal we've ever had in our LIVES!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I agree that this was the MOST delicious meal we've ever had in our LIVES! The salmon pasta (or pasta with salmon) was to die for... it was so delicious I cleaned off the plate with the bread, see pictures.

I couldn't find much information about this restaurant on TripAdvisor, so I take great pleasure in writing its first review! However, digging around on the web, apparently this restaurant is family owned and has been around for more than 40 years. It's well known by the locals.

We stumbled upon this restaurant by chance after visiting nearby sights as I told my wife we should probably eat at a restaurant that's close to tourist attractions but off the beaten path. It was packed with locals when we arrived at around 7:30pm. Figuring that it wasn't exactly close to any major tourist attraction, it must be where the locals dine for good food. We were spot on this time.

They have a wide assortment of pastas to choose from, but we finally settled on their salmon pasta and their house special -- some gigantic canneloni (I believe it was called "Canneloni Abruzzi") that had meat filling and a delicious sauce (we had had enough pizza in Venice already so we wanted to try something new). The canneloni came first and it was fantastic -- a fairly large portion, with a sauce that's rather sweet which worked well with the peas. Then came the salmon pasta -- it was out of this world!! Every bite had salmon taste to it. There were small chunks of salmon in the sauce, and it worked so well with the sauce, omg... I need to go back after I finish writing this review!

Prices were very reasonable for what you get... pastas and pizzas were between 7.50EUR to 13-14EUR max.

This restaurant changed my perception of restaurants in Rome forever -- they CAN cook up delicious meals, and this is one of them. I wish I had a container to bring some of it back with me... that dish alone deserves 3 Michelin-stars... if the restaurant owners are reading this, keep it up!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank P_s_Chi
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
“Very Good Food And Service At A Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our party of 8 popped in late one evening for dinner and were immediately happily accomodated. Our waiter was very helpful and attentive. We liked the "antipasti bar." I had the carbonara, which was excellent. Others in our party had veal, fish and lamb, and all said their choices were very good. The house wine was also very good. All in all, good solid food at reasonable prices.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank cjbesq
Tampere, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I ate cannelloni here and they were the best cannelloni ever... Their house wine was also very good. The waiter was very polite and sweet and he seemed to be very proud of the restaurant, food and the wine. That's how it should be in every place!

Visited June 2012