“More Unlucky House than Lucky House!”
Review of Lucky House

Lucky House
Ranked #2,628 of 3,617 Rome B&B and Inns
London
“More Unlucky House than Lucky House!”
Reviewed March 7, 2010

I am unable to rate this place as owner did not show! Booked B&B through hostel bookers, had e-mail correspondence with Alessandra the owner up to a few days before, arranging to meet at 11, she did indicate to ring the Casi Di Penelope buzzer which was odd as the lucky house buzzer was there...

We were greeted by a man who told us Lucky House was under construction and we were unable to stay there and he exclaimed, I thought you were aware? He then offered us a room in his apartment for more money, we had no choice, we were only in Rome for a few days and did not want to spend the first day hunting for somewhere to stay! He only had a single bed available for the first night, not fun for me and my partner, but we were moved the next night...and to be fair if it was not for him, we would have had nowhere to stay...the rooms were very clean and we had our own bathroom, so worked out better...even if we did pay more and did not get a breakfast...

We had a wonderful time in Rome, amazing city, just wish it had started off better...

DO NOT BOOK THIS PLACE, OR YOU MAY BE SLEEPING ON THE STREETS!

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Lucky House was a pleasant surprise. the rooms are spacious and comfortable.
The place was very clean with good security. the location could not be beat with buses and subways 5 minutes away. We would definitely stay at Lucky House again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, South Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Lovely rooms with ample numbers of superb shared bathrooms. The location is great, despite the warnings you see about the area around Termini.
Breakfast is very simple. You make your own expresso with the supplies and eat this biscuit type of thing with some jam.
For this price its good value.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yerac
Dublin
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Lucky House proved to be an elusive B & B, if we had not been familiar with the picture from the website I am unsure if we ever would have noticed the hand written note among around 20 others on the intercom. As was recommended by Venere.com we e-mailed ahead of arrival to inform the owner of when we would be there and we duly received an email back which 1) suggested that she could speak some english and 2) that she would be expecting us. Unfortunately neither were true and we were greeted with utter belligerence. The hostess decided that the best way to communicate with two non-italian speakers was to shout at ever increasing volumes. Eventually we were ushered to a poky kitchen where she demanded our money. This seemed to appease her momentarily before she launched into another loud tirade. Despite this lady's incredibly original attitude to customer service, Lucky House was comfortable. The rooms are spacious and very clean, the same goes for the bathrooms. The same hostess who seems to abhor having to treat people with any form of respect cleans the B & B every day and if you are lucky, as we were, she will enter your room as you are lying in bed. In her defence she did utter a "m'excuse" when doing so, such an apologetic gesture I would imagine is rare for this lady.

To call Lucky House a Bed and Breakfast would not be entirely accurate, a more apt description would be Bed with possibility of eating dried bread and jam. The breakfast was meagre, it was not fresh by any means - no fruit, juice etc, just bits of dried bread and jam.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hughendene
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 5, 2009

It took me a really long time to even FIND this place because there was no information next to the door and nowhere to buzz in. The woman from the adjoining hotel had to buzz me in. When I got upstairs, I was greated by this extremely RUDE and HOSTILE woman who did not speak any English. It's fine that she didn't speak English but she is supposed to run a hostel and at least be nice if you don't speak Italian. She gave me a very hard time and I tried to tell her that I had a reservation and I showed her my paper. Finally, she just nodded her head and had me come inside. Once inside, she was a bit friendlier but a few times, she would ask me something in Italian and I wouldn't understand and she would roll her eyes in disgust. I almost left because, as a paying customer, you should not be treated with such disrespect! I will say the room was extremely big and the bathrooms were big and clean. It was very noisy at night, though, because everything echoed in the hallway. Also, the key to my room did not fit and would not lock the door. Most important!! -- If you have to get up early to catch the train to the airport, I would NOT recommend this place solely because -- when you leave (check-out), you have to leave your keys in the room. HOWEVER, to actually exit one of the doors in the building, you need one of those keys to open it at such an early hour (it was 5:45 am, I had an 8:45 flight out of FCO). Thankfully, someone was awake when I went back upstairs and they were able to come down and let me out. Big bedroom and clean but nothing else to offer.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank scooter1878

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

St.Petersburg
Reviewed November 7, 2008

This BnB was chosen due to good location close to Roma Termini.
1)nobody welcomed though I informed the manager about our schedule several days before actual arrival.i had to dial the same number and found that the info about arrival time was missed (perhaps due to terrible English of the manager). Therefore we had to wait for more than an hour to enter the BnB. 2)the person delivered the keys was the manager's brother; he could not produce even a single word in English; nevertheless he accepted 64Euros.
3) The bed sheets were DIRTY! We had to use towels and our clothes instead of it!
4) Breakfast consisted of dried crusts, jam, milk and coffee/tea. Nothing more.
5) Certainly no iron was provided
6) Also the following pretty note was found inside of the room:
‘Absolutely forbidden to leave the “baggages” inside the BnB the day of the departure….whoever the days of the check out leaves the baggages in the house or your bring away the keys over after 10:00 in the morning must pay another night in BnB’.

I would NEVER recommend this BnB.

• Liked — location close to Roma Termini, clean bathroom
  • Disliked — poor welcome, dirty sheets, too simple breakfast, no iron, no hairdryer, not allowed to leave the luggage
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple